Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26
Author: Subject: Exotic Primaries - Complex Salts
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-5-2024 at 19:24

Melamine itself has solubility issues in water, so a salt would be needed, and I don’t know how prone such a salt would be to hydrolysis. I don’t have any melamine, but I do have some acetoguanamine, so I might try to mess with that and see if anything promising is yielded.

[Edited on 26-5-2024 by dettoo456]
Etanol
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-6-2024 at 12:01

Thanks for the idea. Ligand replacement is a real breakthrough in the synthesis of metal complexes. It works!
I successfully prepared copper-bis(4-amino-1,2,4-triazole) perchlorate from [Cu(NH3)4](ClO4)2 by reaction:
[Cu(NH3)4](ClO4)2+2ATrz=>[Cu(ATrz)2](ClO4)2+4NH3
[Cu(NH3)4](ClO4)2 was dissolved in hot water, ATrz was added, then the water is depressed with a hair dryer. Dirty blue powder has formed.
I cannot call the [Cu(NH3)4](ClO4)2 a primary explosive. But despite the poor oxygen balance ATrz complex without a shell in an amount of 50-100 mg burns a very sharp bright flash. I think, placed in the shell is quite suitable.
The substance is not sensitive to friction. 10-20 mg placed in foil burns sharply when heated, but detonates when hit with a hammer on a steel plate.

upd 50mg dried subs detonated without shall!

[Edited on 4-6-2024 by Etanol]
Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-6-2024 at 10:52

Quote: Originally posted by Etanol  

[Cu(NH3)4](ClO4)2+2ATrz=>[Cu(ATrz)2](ClO4)2+4NH3

[Ni(4-aminotriazole)3](ClO4)2 was obtained in the same way. As you said, it does not detonate without a shell, but 30-50 mg in foil detonate when heated.

How about [Cu(Diaminourea)2](ClO4)2 and [Ni(Diaminourea)3](ClO4)2? Is it stable with long storage? Is it oxidized by oxygen of air? Hydrolysis?

[Cu(aminourea)2](ClO4)2 and [Ni(aminourea)3](ClO4)2?

Is there a way to make [Cu(aminourea)2](ClO4)2 and [Ni(aminourea)3](ClO4)2 from Semicarbazide Hydrochloride?
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-6-2024 at 19:09

Carbohydrazide (1,3-diaminourea) can be prepared by amination of Semicarbazide with Hydrazine or just by amination of urea with a large excess of hydrazine. These amination reactions though, can be complex and will result in aqueous mixtures of Urea, Semicarbazide, Carbohydrazide, and Hydrazodicarbonamide. If you want a source for Carbohydrazide, pyrohobby.ru might still have some for sale, but they have a horrible payment system that isn’t secure at all.

trisCarbohydrazide Nickel diPerchlorate (NiCP) apparently works as a decent primary (and is likely stable enough in storage) to function in detonators as mentioned in some Chinese patents, but at least the trisCHLORATE (NiCC) analogue is also a strong performer; see thread: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=159732

The Cu complex may work as well, though I have no idea and don’t plan to test it. Carbohydrazide is a pain to try to make, at least for me.

[Edited on 7-6-2024 by dettoo456]

Attachment: Tris carbohydrazide nickel perchlorate (NCP).pdf (32kB)
This file has been downloaded 19 times

Attachment: Hydrazodicarbonamide.pdf (300kB)
This file has been downloaded 17 times

Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-6-2024 at 00:07

Quote: Originally posted by dettoo456  

trisCarbohydrazide Nickel diPerchlorate (NiCP) apparently works as a decent primary (and is likely stable enough in storage) to function in detonators as mentioned in some Chinese patents, but at least the trisCHLORATE (NiCC) analogue is also a strong performer; see thread: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=159732

Thanks. I understand correctly that carbohydrazide (diaminourea) is more stable than semicarbazide (aminourea)?
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-6-2024 at 11:29

Chemically, Semicarbazide is more stable. The hydrazine bond is less stable than the simple amide. But, Carbohydrazide will of course be better as a fuel, due to the higher energy of the 2 N-N bonds.

Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-6-2024 at 13:11

Quote: Originally posted by dettoo456  
Chemically, Semicarbazide is more stable. The hydrazine bond is less stable than the simple amide. But, Carbohydrazide will of course be better as a fuel, due to the higher energy of the 2 N-N bonds.

It seems strange to me that carbohydrazide is sold in free form, but semicarbazid is sold only in the form of hydrochloride.
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-6-2024 at 16:55

Both exist as solids at STP, but Semicarbazide is likely just too hygroscopic and basic, so it’d form hydrated solutions and/or carbonates. Same as Aminoguanidine and guanidine.
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26

Go To Top