From Sciencemadness Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

A Fleaker is a brand of container for liquids used in the laboratory. It can be described as a cross between the Griffin beaker and the Erlenmeyer flask.


Fleakers have the appearance of a beaker of large medical glass vial. The fleaker bottom is flat, with the sides forming a tube. Near the top, the sides curve in to form a neck with a widely flared rim, similar to a flower vase. The wide rim makes it easier to pour from or filter into, while the narrow neck reduces loss of the contents due to splashing and serves as a grip for handling and pouring. Fleaker containers have a plastic lid with a built in rubber stopper. When on the Fleaker, the lid covers the narrow neck. Fleaker containers can be used for handling liquids and solutions, but are are less suitable for slurries, precipitates, and when doing recrystallizations.


Fleakers can be bought from lab suppliers.


Relevant Sciencemadness threads