Volumetric pipette

From Sciencemadness Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

A volumetric pipette, also known as bulb pipette, is a type of pipette calibrated for a single volume (similar to a volumetric flask).


The volumetric pipette consists of a glass tube with a large bulb in the middle for pipettes with volume larger than 1 ml, with a single graduation mark above the bulb, through models that have two graduation marks exist, though they are less common. Typical volumes are 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50 and 100 mL. Like volumetric flasks, they come in two classes, A and B.


Volumetric pipettes can be bought from lab suppliers or online. Price depends on the size and brand.

See also


Relevant Sciencemadness threads