Sciencemadness Discussion Board

"Requests" Eschweiler-Clarke reaction

ban168 - 9-10-2009 at 00:23

I ask the experts Eschweiler-Clarke reaction to the literature referred to an excessive amount of formic acid with formaldehyde, ask if the response to 1L of amine methylation with formaldehyde, formic acid, if it were to do what quantity? The response time needed to about how long ? Thank you! sorry Maybe I played a little bit so that you can not read the words please forgive me!

solo - 9-10-2009 at 12:21

....try using the search engine....there is information you seek there......solo

Klute - 13-10-2009 at 19:53

I don't understand a word of what he's saying.. Is it just me?

Sedit - 13-10-2009 at 20:20

No its not just you.... Im completely friggen lost and I have the ability to understand some pretty jumbled shit.

Im pretty sure I have figured it out though so for the sake of science I will attempt to perform a translation from this foreign language.

Translation:
Quote:

I ask the experts about the Eschweiler-Clarke reaction, The literature referred to an excessive amount of formic acid compaired to formaldehyde. I ask about the response to 1L of amine methylation with formaldehyde, formic acid. If I were to do this what quantity would I use? The amount of time needs to be about how long ? Thank you! sorry Maybe I am to stoned to understand so that you can not read a damn thing im saying please forgive me!

[Edited on 14-10-2009 by Sedit]

jon - 9-11-2009 at 15:35

1 liter of amine methylation wit some of dat formic acid and that formaldehyde oh yeah got the scheme down perfectly.
not!