Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Book suggestion

Random - 13-9-2010 at 10:53

I am looking for a book that is similar to golden book of chemistry experiments, but for organic chemistry that contains experiments for organic chemistry with easy available chemicals. Is there something like that?

entropy51 - 13-9-2010 at 15:21

Organic Experiments for the Home Lab is the closest of any book I am aware of, but the chemicals are not really all that available now. Google books does not yet have a scan of this book, but they do have a PDF of a general chemistry book for the home lab by the same author.

[Edited on 13-9-2010 by entropy51]

Random - 14-9-2010 at 04:22

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  
Organic Experiments for the Home Lab is the closest of any book I am aware of, but the chemicals are not really all that available now. Google books does not yet have a scan of this book, but they do have a PDF of a general chemistry book for the home lab by the same author.

Thanks, is there available download for that book somewhere?

Polverone - 14-9-2010 at 12:04

Quote: Originally posted by Random  
Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  

Thanks, is there available download for that book somewhere?

I have not been able to find one. Only Google has a scan, and it has not yet diffused to HathiTrust. The only vendor I found for a used copy wanted $130. If anyone can point me to a copy going for under $50 I will buy it and scan it myself.

virgil - 18-2-2011 at 04:33

I knew I had it, just a matter of finding and scanning it. Here's the link:

http://hotfile.com/dl/105761222/f3ed83a/Experimenting_With_C...

Random - 18-2-2011 at 09:27

Thanks a lot for this book, I read it a little bit and it's definitely useful.

http://books.google.com/books?id=RLUNAQAAIAAJ&dq=inautho...

Actually, this is another book by the same author, but still thanks for scanning it :)

[Edited on 18-2-2011 by Random]