Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Sodium Borohydride Group Buy

Loptr - 15-9-2019 at 09:25

Hey guys,

A few people have reached out to me about the potential for a Sodium Borohydride group buy. I am curious to see how many people would be interested in participating, so if you are interested please say so in a comment below.

The price will be a lot lower than I was previously selling it for at the $0.50/gram price mark. However, I will only be selling it in kilogram increments. I will also be requiring a %50 payment upfront to help with the costs of the material and shipping. I will also only be shipping to North America. I am a respectable and trustworthy guy, otherwise you would have heard about it on these forums. I have been selling here, eBay, and elsewhere for quite a while now, so I know how this works.

The more people that show interest, the lower the price goes, so be sure to leave a comment showing your interest. You aren't committing to anything at this point as I just need a guesstimate of what to expect, so that I can submit a quote to my supplier that I have dealt with previously on several occasions.

Also, if you want to work something out, I am willing to entertain. Send me a message.

I am going to keep this interest check open for 1 month, so the end date will be 10/15/2019.

Cheers! :D

[Edited on 15-9-2019 by Loptr]

Loptr - 16-9-2019 at 17:51

Bump.

j_sum1 - 16-9-2019 at 18:57

Sticky for a month.
Remind me when time's up. :)

Loptr - 17-9-2019 at 05:17

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  
Sticky for a month.
Remind me when time's up. :)

Thanks, j_sum1!

Tsjerk - 17-9-2019 at 12:21

Why the change to only North America?

Loptr - 17-9-2019 at 13:19

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
Why the change to only North America?

The packages will be over a kilogram and air shipping requires additional shipping requirements that I would have to research. I could probably do that, if I have enough non-North American members interested.

Who else would be interested that isnt in North America? Should I open this to the world?

[Edited on 17-9-2019 by Loptr]

j_sum1 - 17-9-2019 at 14:02

Maybe we could have another crack at getting an aussie package done. I am thinking one quantity sent over for division and redistribution.

I don't mind doing the organisation, but it would need to be a cash-up-front kind of a deal. And the shipping costs would obviously be higher.

Post desired quantities here if you want to be part of this. If there is enough interest we can discuss cash via u2u.

TD64209 - 20-9-2019 at 16:40

Definitely interested, consider me in.
(North America)

[Edited on 21-9-2019 by TD64209]

myr - 21-9-2019 at 07:31

I would be interested

j_sum1 - 12-10-2019 at 22:37

Bumping this.
Any aussies interested in a group buy?

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=15...

carrant - 14-10-2019 at 15:06

I would be interested.

USA

OldNubbins - 15-10-2019 at 00:34

Interested
USA

Loptr - 15-10-2019 at 11:58

If you state interest, could you also be sure to let us know the country in which you reside?

@myr, where are you from?

Tdep - 15-10-2019 at 16:54

Bumping this.

Shipping 1kg US to Aus is pretty dang expensive, is there scope to do 500g (where I believe the price is reduced quite a bit?) or is it all 1 kg bags? Probably asking a bit much I know sorry

draculic acid69 - 17-11-2019 at 01:37

It couldn't cost that much to send a kilo from usa could it?
I might be in for a hundred or so grams.

Uvxtal76 - 20-11-2019 at 09:14

I am interested.

Loptr - 21-11-2019 at 06:05

Quote: Originally posted by Tdep  
Bumping this.

Shipping 1kg US to Aus is pretty dang expensive, is there scope to do 500g (where I believe the price is reduced quite a bit?) or is it all 1 kg bags? Probably asking a bit much I know sorry

When I start getting quotes I can ask about 500g pouches.

tetraiodide - 2-2-2020 at 15:06

I'm deffinatly interested if this hasn't already gone by

Doc B - 7-2-2020 at 01:56

There is plenty in Oz. PM if interested.

smdftbh - 11-4-2020 at 10:59

I'm interested, North America

Phosgenetimemachine - 15-4-2020 at 12:06

I don;t suppose this oporotunity is still available by chance?If so then I am interested???

nzlostpass - 2-9-2020 at 03:02

Can anyone sell me some please? Even 50g would help.......I'm in NZ but happy to pay for shipping. Bought some from Poland but theres no postage from there to here since February.

mackolol - 2-9-2020 at 11:36

Quote: Originally posted by nzlostpass  
Can anyone sell me some please? Even 50g would help.......I'm in NZ but happy to pay for shipping. Bought some from Poland but theres no postage from there to here since February.

Which company did you buy it from?

nzlostpass - 2-9-2020 at 19:14

Quote: Originally posted by mackolol  
Quote: Originally posted by nzlostpass  

Which company did you buy it from?

It was on Ebay.....ChemPL or something similar
I'm also waiting on something from Mario since February due to the postal service.

zed - 16-10-2020 at 23:55

Postal Service? I'm on the West Coast of the U.S.; adequate postal service depends on where it is coming from.

Our postal service has been politicized. I no long order from China. The last item I ordered, took not three weeks to arrive, but rather it took three months. Where the hang up is, I do not know. But, it is too much to bear.

Last week, I got shipments from both Poland and Canada. My parcel from the East Coast of Canada (about 3000 miles away) arrived about a week after it was shipped. Even though it made at least half a dozen stops along its route. Customs etc, etc, etc...

My Parcel from Poland was in transit for about a month. I think. Tracking international parcels is a murky business. I get a notice when it is posted. Then I hear nothing, at all. Weeks or months pass, and then, the parcel is abruptly delivered.

At the moment, I am awaiting PPE from Israel. It will arrive or it won't. Only time will tell.

Parcels posted within the U.S. are eminently traceable. Mail, UPS, FedEx... You always know where your package is. It's a big country, but most things get to me within in a week or so.

Service was even better, early in the pandemic. The U.S. postal service has been temporarily slowed down by political intervention.

Antigua - 17-10-2020 at 00:15

I'm able to send NaBH4 for around 30USD/100g to anyone interested in Europe. Shipping to other places would be a big cost, though.

nzlostpass - 17-10-2020 at 04:56

Quote: Originally posted by Antigua  
I'm able to send NaBH4 for around 30USD/100g to anyone interested in Europe. Shipping to other places would be a big cost, though.

Are you willing/able to quote an approximate figure for shipping to for instance New Zealand please? If youd rather not send out of Europe, that is fine. :)

Antigua - 17-10-2020 at 05:17

74USD for an air-transit package by FedEx. If you're able to find it any cheaper, then that'd be cool, but I doubt private persons can send through the sail transit.

Antigua - 17-10-2020 at 05:22

Actually, my local post office sends to NZ for less than 30USD... that could work, but I would not trust them, as it's the national post and not a private courier.

nzlostpass - 17-10-2020 at 20:07

Quote: Originally posted by Antigua  
Actually, my local post office sends to NZ for less than 30USD... that could work, but I would not trust them, as it's the national post and not a private courier.
I have had success from Poland with their national priority post but they cant send to nz at the moment....months now :(

MidLifeChemist - 17-10-2020 at 20:12

Poland to USA west coast took 10 days last month using their national priority post.

Antigua - 18-10-2020 at 00:37

Then only the private courier remains, unless you're okay with waiting x months until the pandemic settles down a little.

zed - 13-11-2020 at 04:18

I'm in the U.S.; I recently got a small parcel from Poland. It took about a month.

Likewise, I just got a medium sized parcel from Israel. It took about a month.

The U.S. postal service has been slowed by a political intrigue. In an effort to suppress the vote, by making mail-in voting unreliable, a Trump appointee screwed up the inner workings of the Postal Service.

I would hope that service will go back to its normal excellence, within a few months of our new administration taking office.

Currently, parcels still arrive on site, but are often delayed in transit.

It isn't the Pandemic causing the delivery problems; it is political sabotage.

MidLifeChemist - 13-11-2020 at 09:23

Quote: Originally posted by zed  

The U.S. postal service has been slowed by a political intrigue. In an effort to suppress the vote, by making mail-in voting unreliable, a Trump appointee screwed up the inner workings of the Postal Service.

I've had no such delays. I heard the postal service is only slowed for shipments to Portland or Seattle.

arkoma - 14-11-2020 at 08:13

I ordered a truck part from eBay about six weeks ago. About a week after I got a refund from paypal, the fucking thing arrived from Shreveport. where it had been for weeks. at the USPS post office. 60 miles away. So yeah, US mail fucked off at the moment

zed - 24-12-2020 at 00:05

Once again, Post Office problems. Nothing comes quickly anymore.

Me on the U.S. West Coast, awaiting my purchase coming from the North East, several thousand miles away.

Despite priority shipping, my purchase was quickly mis-routed , and it spent 14 days in limbo. Eventually it ended up back were it started from, and it sat there for a number of days. Tracing was instituted; they claim the parcel was re-routed properly, and it is now on its way. Still not here, and another 7 days have passed.

Earilier this year, service was marvelous. Now, it isn't. First over, service has become worse. Though mistakes could always happen, more happen now. The mail just doesn't come on time anymore.

And, now to compound the problem, my chronically delayed parcel, has been caught in the Christmas Crush.

Mountains of Christmas mailings are stuck in a Postal System, that is no longer reliable, even during the best of times.

[Edited on 24-12-2020 by zed]

[Edited on 24-12-2020 by zed]

Bubbles - 26-12-2020 at 19:53

I can sell borohydride 25 euro per 100g, from Western Europe. Larger amounts cheaper.

monolithic - 7-2-2021 at 13:25

If anyone is interested, I have two 150 g bottles of NaBH4 I can part with. I'm not sure of the source but I bought it off Loptr 1-2 years ago. I used some recently and it still works perfectly, no degradation. Each portion will come in a HDPE bottle with PTFE wrapped threads. I'm asking $75 each within the USA (or $140 for both.)

monolithic - 6-6-2022 at 11:20

Quote: Originally posted by monolithic  
If anyone is interested, I have two 150 g bottles of NaBH4 I can part with. I'm not sure of the source but I bought it off Loptr 1-2 years ago. I used some recently and it still works perfectly, no degradation. Each portion will come in a HDPE bottle with PTFE wrapped threads. I'm asking $75 each within the USA (or $140 for both.)

An update to my above post: these have since been sold.

lithiumion656 - 7-6-2022 at 08:10

Is it worth it to buy 1 kilo of NaBH4 from Alibaba then recrystallize to purify? Prices are quite cheap for most companies, and I am thinking of buying from a well-reviewed one unless someone on here (USA) has any they want to sell off for cheap

DocX - 6-7-2022 at 00:15

Bought some from Bubbles (post above). Came through as advertised, thank you! Aaaah I love the smell of an effective reducing agent in the morning!

j_sum1 - 6-7-2022 at 19:30

The original group buy that started this thread finished some time ago.
If there is interest in a new venture, then a new thread can be started.
I will unsticky and close this one.