Sciencemadness Discussion Board

New Jersey/NY/PA brick and mortar chemical supplier.

Katie - 26-4-2020 at 22:03

Does anyone know (and is willing to share) any physical chemical/labware “stores” in NJ, NY, or PA? I had a dream last night that there was a laboratory supermarket by me where anyone could go in and purchase whatever equipment and reagents they wanted! Is this just a dream or do such places exist?!

I ask because I just had to pay over $100 in shipping/hazmat fees for 500g of ONE chemical that cost about $60. This is excessive, but even the cheaper shipping rates really add up when your forced to order from multiple web sites. Although being an amateur chemist is not a full time job, you need a full time job to afford it!

Karkov123 - 29-4-2020 at 11:24

I do not know of any brick and mortar suppliers, but I am in that area and willing to help. I have access to a pretty extensive amount of used and new glassware or new chemicals. Are you looking for anything in particular. We can discuss U2U let me know!

RogueRose - 29-4-2020 at 15:39

Quote: Originally posted by Katie  
Does anyone know (and is willing to share) any physical chemical/labware “stores” in NJ, NY, or PA? I had a dream last night that there was a laboratory supermarket by me where anyone could go in and purchase whatever equipment and reagents they wanted! Is this just a dream or do such places exist?!

I ask because I just had to pay over $100 in shipping/hazmat fees for 500g of ONE chemical that cost about $60. This is excessive, but even the cheaper shipping rates really add up when your forced to order from multiple web sites. Although being an amateur chemist is not a full time job, you need a full time job to afford it!

If you are looking for name brand glassware, some new, some very lightly used (from a pharma company that moved), I know a guy who had a ton. He might even be able to supply chems as I think he might supply some small businesses with chems as well.

What are you looking for?