Sciencemadness Discussion Board

New "MMO" Anode

FLchem10 - 18-2-2011 at 11:04

So I bought a titanium stretched covered MMO anode and when it got here first off there was a very small amount of powder from the anode in the mailing envelope but I hoped that was just the mail throwing it around....now there is about 7 layers of coating on it BUT it is a dark brown......I am a little concerned that it is now what the company said it was coated in Ruthenium but isnt that a silvery metal...... I got a huge amount of it so when I cut some off of it to make my anodes it did look like Ti under the MMO... Im just a little skeptical...

ALSO for the same company they sell these anodes that are TI coated in MMO but there a Ti tube with FINS all coated in MMO would these be really good??

Ill attach a pic of the finned anode... ( Ignore the copper inner tubing its just the pic for demo they have the one's Im talking about )

Plus they have everything Ti MMO coated you can think of....tubes, sheets, mesh, Platinum mesh, Wire MMO you name it and for WAY BETTER PRICE THAN IVE EVER SEEN....!!!

ElectroWin - 6-3-2011 at 22:00

you were going to attach a pic?

White Yeti - 5-8-2011 at 06:04

They don't coat the electrode in ruthenium metal, they coat it in ruthenium oxide, which would explain the brown colour.