Sciencemadness Discussion Board

any recommendations for a gas chromatograph machine?

Cou - 13-9-2020 at 20:37

I'm not sure yet if I want to do this, because it's a very expensive investment. but if I want to sell fragrances, I need to do QC to show customers that they are safe for use in candles and scents. my other option is sending samples to an analytical business.

I don't have much experience with practical analytical chemistry, besides taking instrumental analysis class, though I do know the theory and can follow a manual. Any recommendations for what brand of gas chromatograph I should get?

I don't want to spend too much money, I will try to find used.

[Edited on 9-14-2020 by Cou]

Heavy Walter - 14-9-2020 at 03:43

Hi
The world of fragrances is really complex, you will need a GC-MS...
My suggestion is to go for your second option.
Even with the GC-MS the work is hard and the maintenance and service costs are high.

unionised - 14-9-2020 at 04:00

Contact one of the local analytical equipment maintenance companies + ask what they charge for a maintenance contract.

You will need a big/ successful company before you can afford it.That's why there are contract analysis labs.

karlosĀ³ - 14-9-2020 at 14:08

I tell that one ami friend tomorrow if he wants to earn a buck with your analytical work.
He just switched to working on his own and he has the equipment, and thus his plan to do this for money.
Tomorrow, but if I forget, just U2U me and ask if I already did.

Cou - 16-9-2020 at 20:32

Quote: Originally posted by karlosĀ³  
I tell that one ami friend tomorrow if he wants to earn a buck with your analytical work.
He just switched to working on his own and he has the equipment, and thus his plan to do this for money.
Tomorrow, but if I forget, just U2U me and ask if I already did.

Here is the website I am working on: http://www.jupiterfragrances.com
Need to show GC-MS data to show customers that there are no toxic compounds.