Sciencemadness Discussion Board

AP Biology test

trogdor - 19-2-2004 at 15:42

currently i'm in an AP bio class and i'm taking the AP biology exam to see if i can get college credits. Is anyone familiar with this test, and if so shed a little light. I have a study guide i'm looking at, but i'm trying to get as much input as possible so i do well. thanks

Mr. Wizard - 19-2-2004 at 17:40

"trying to get as much input as possible"= cheating?
Did I get it wrong?
:mad:

Well well

chemoleo - 19-2-2004 at 18:08

noone can blame him for trying to get as much input as possible. As to cheating... I don't think he meant that.
Nonetheless, I don't see what this has got to do with Biochemistry, and the chemistry of living things, and related. We are not exam aides. Maybe you should look for a website that specifically deals with such things, I am sure there are plently. Alternatively, ask your fellow class mates who have done this already for advice.
Otherwise, any questions/experiments/ideas relating to biochemistry/biology/biophysics are welcome.

Biochem - 11-4-2004 at 15:04

I think the bio AP test is pretty easy compared to the other two major "science" ap test that being chem and physics. Just do well in the class and spend about a month reviewing and you should be in good condition.

test advice

Magpie - 11-4-2004 at 20:18

This advice is generic to taking any kind of test:

1. Look over the test quickly before putting pencil to paper
2. Work the easy ones first
3. Do not spend too much time on any one problem
4. Get a good night's rest prior to exam

Maybe you've seen this all before, but I believe good time management is crucial to taking any difficult test.

Good luck!

Took it 5 years ago...

Al Koholic - 12-4-2004 at 06:04

Took it. Didn't study. Was on my normal high school schedule etc. Perfect score. It's really not hard if you had a decent teacher and did well in the class.

Saerynide - 12-4-2004 at 06:24

Gonna be taking it. Not gonna study. I have such a great AP Bio teacher. She's like superhuman :D

trogdor - 19-4-2004 at 19:29

yeah...i'm not too worried; the only thing is, it's techinically not an AP class, only an "honors" class, so we dont do everything that is covered on the test, but i have a cliffnotes AP bio review i got from someone who took it last year..so if i'm motivated i'll probably read it adn be in decent shape.