Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Now thats a well stocked lab!

Chemgineer - 12-6-2021 at 16:25

I came across this recently, this guy has an Aladdin's cave of goodies! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dreh038JYyc

Texium - 12-6-2021 at 16:27

Unfortunately he’s also a massive prick

Chem Science - 12-6-2021 at 16:39

Why do you say that Texium ? :/

Texium - 12-6-2021 at 17:04

He recently made a video that over-exaggerated the hazards of sulfuric acid and the whole thing was a total fabrication: he was clearly using piranha solution in the video. When it was pointed out by some forum members, he became very aggressive and rude to them in the comments and even deleted many of the comments that questioned the validity of the video. I’m certain that this wasn’t the first time he’s been standoffish and rude to other amateur chemists when there was a difference of opinions. Definitely a loner with a “holier than thou” attitude.

Chemgineer - 12-6-2021 at 17:25

Quote: Originally posted by Texium  
He recently made a video that over-exaggerated the hazards of sulfuric acid and the whole thing was a total fabrication: he was clearly using piranha solution in the video. When it was pointed out by some forum members, he became very aggressive and rude to them in the comments and even deleted many of the comments that questioned the validity of the video. I’m certain that this wasn’t the first time he’s been standoffish and rude to other amateur chemists when there was a difference of opinions. Definitely a loner with a “holier than thou” attitude.

I've just been looking at the video in question and the comments from some well respected members.. you are quite correct.

Mailinmypocket - 13-6-2021 at 04:54

Wow... Apparently if you disagree with him you're automatically a "flat earther".... says a person whos lab looks like it's from the days where everybody thought the earth was flat.

paulll - 13-6-2021 at 16:15

Quote: Originally posted by Mailinmypocket  
Wow... Apparently if you disagree with him you're automatically a "flat earther".... says a person whos lab looks like it's from the days where everybody thought the earth was flat.

Hey the guy's a tool but that lab's pretty awesome. That chemistry set took me back, too, I did a lot of experiments on that red test tube rack.

Amos - 14-6-2021 at 05:35

Old money will always act like old money. Not even a deep appreciation for chemistry could save him.

valeg96 - 17-6-2021 at 01:19

I've been in contact with him in the past and he indeed is eccentric. He offered to send me some white phosphorus via post (!) but blew up when I asked him if he had any anilines for my collection, in a similar fashion as the sulphuric acid, saying that I must have a death wish. As far as I know he is mostly self taught, and that may be playing a big part in it. It is also pretty impossible to talk to him about chemistry, as he's basically only knowledgeable on 1870s flashy and colorful general chemistry experiments and basically isn't interested in listening to anything else.