Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Lithium metal 99.9% for sale

Darien - 11-8-2021 at 20:29

Hi
I have about 500g of lithium metal that I’m willing to part with. It is 99.9% pure. The ingots are large and they are relatively clean.

j_sum1 - 11-8-2021 at 20:45

Sounds lovely. 500g is a lot! Lithium has a high volume.
I am set for Li at the moment so will sit this one out.

Most people will want details of price, location, and shipping for offers like this.

Keras - 11-8-2021 at 22:36

Sum's right: depends where you're located.

Lithium for sale

Darien - 12-8-2021 at 07:21

I would be shipping from Ottawa,ON, Canada.
The price for the whole lot is $350 US funds.
I am willing to sell smaller amounts at $1 per gram.

Please U2U me if interested.

Darien - 14-8-2021 at 23:18

Is the price not good or does everyone have all the lithium they want?

MidLifeChemist - 15-8-2021 at 16:37

I'm happy to give you some feedback from my own perspective. YMMV.

I recently purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of compounds from this forum, from a friend of Remy's. If I am going to buy something from someone I don't know, with no reviews, at a minimum it should be something I really want, or could find some good uses for. More importantly, it should be significantly cheaper than I can get on Ebay or some else more established, especially since I don't really know the condition of what I'm getting.

So if you search ebay for lithium metal, you will get a sense of what other people are selling it for. Your competing with sources in china, russia and ukraine who are selling it for less.

I assume because of shipping costs, people will most likely be buying from the USA. if you give people in the USA a price for shipping, and a price for the lithium, they can calculate their total price.

Last, but not least, keep in mind that you are only selling a single item. if you were selling 10 items, there would be ten times the chance that someone would be interested in at least 1 thing you were selling. But your target market is very small - someone in North America, on science madness, who wants lithium, wants it NOW,. and is ok buying from an unknown source for $1/gram plus an unknown shipping cost. So your market size is probably zero or close to it :)

I hope that was helpful. Take it with a grain of salt as it is just one person's perspective.

Texium - 15-8-2021 at 17:47

$1/gram for lithium metal is a pretty good price. Posting a picture of the ingots would be helpful, to show how clean it is and generally what to expect.

Darien - 17-8-2021 at 14:25

Here is a pic of the the lithium I have on hand. I can get more. It is quite clean. I would say only a few grams of crust on the whole lot. It shines up when dipped in methanol.

Lithium.jpg - 149kB

Darien - 19-8-2021 at 09:30

If you are in Canada I can do the lithium shown in the photo for $230 including shipping.