Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Some Reagents for Sale: For Pickup Somewhere in Ohio?

The Volatile Chemist - 26-6-2023 at 07:06

Hi All,

It’s definitely been a while since I posted. Got busy with college, then a fancy Organic Production R&D job I’ve been blessed to do for a while now.

I’ve got some solvents, reagents, etc. from my amateur chemistry days that I don’t need and don’t really want to keep holding onto in my garage. Definitely of varying degrees of quality. I will try to go through and list the things I have later today, but for now wanted to see the level of interest, and if there’s anyone nearby that would like to buy the lot for a nominal price.

I live near Columbus but don’t mind driving to essentially anywhere within the state of Ohio to make the sale. Might have a little bit of equipment to sell too.

Best,
Nathan (TVC)

The Volatile Chemist - 27-6-2023 at 15:50

Sorry about the delay - here’s the list of what I’ve got. I also have some small (10-30g) bottles of various metal salts (Strontium, Barium, Lead Nitrate, Cobalt Chloride, etc.) that I was planning on holding on to. If you have a particular interest in those, though, let me know and I’ll do a tally of them too.

I know there’s really only a few interesting things on here. If you live in Columbus and can pick up there, I’ll be very reasonable on the price. I don’t mind driving someplace else in Ohio, but gas is expensive.

Chemicals

~400g Potassium Hydrogen Phthalate - Fisher Scientific Co. acidimetric Standard

~900mL Glacial Acetic Acid 99.85% - Duda Energy

~100g Benzimidazole

~80g Isatoic Anhydride

~1lb trichloroisocyanuric acid (as tablet).

~850mL Methyl Ethyl Ketone

~1200mL Acetone

~3.5L Toluene

~250g NaOH

~400x 325mg aspirin tablets

~125g Citric Acid, Ball Canning grade

~80mL Trichloroethylene

Steel Wool, 12 Pads

1lb baking soda (old, sealed box)

~150mL Heet (Methanol)

The Volatile Chemist - 5-7-2023 at 10:01

Thinking $70 for the lot, if I have to drive somewhere far, and $40 if picking up in the Columbus area.

The Volatile Chemist - 31-8-2023 at 10:25

Lowering to $30…any takers?

The Volatile Chemist - 7-9-2023 at 18:26

Ok, uh, anybody want to pick these up in OH for free…?

Texium - 7-9-2023 at 19:01

Would if I was in Ohio. Surprised there’s been no takers. Also, good to see you, Nathan. Glad to hear you’ve found a nice chemistry job. :)

The Volatile Chemist - 8-9-2023 at 09:19

Quote: Originally posted by Texium  
Would if I was in Ohio. Surprised there’s been no takers. Also, good to see you, Nathan. Glad to hear you’ve found a nice chemistry job. :)

It’s good to hear from you, thank you, and I appreciate the reply! I hope you’ve been well. It seems we get a few less visitors here these days, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone who lives nearby will have some interest.

6dthjd1 - 12-11-2023 at 06:26

Are these exhausted by now?

The Volatile Chemist - 17-11-2023 at 12:48

Quote: Originally posted by 6dthjd1  
Are these exhausted by now?

No, I still have them. Interested?

ashrak - 8-2-2024 at 09:57

If you're ever up around Cleveland, I'll take everything you got for $40