Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Crazy Florida man arrested who also happened to have a PhD in chemistry

Neal - 27-8-2023 at 17:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IS-SvojnLA

It tells you what chemical he used.

[Edited on 8-28-2023 by Texium]

DraconicAcid - 27-8-2023 at 17:21

Just to point out, he wasn't arrested for doing home chemistry, but for injecting methadone under his neighbors' door to make them sick.

DieForelle - 27-8-2023 at 17:31

This is a fishy one.
Methadone or hydrocodone are not as insanely potent as fentanyl. Nor would they be aerosolized by something as primitive as a hypodermic needle being squirted under a door. How did it affect the victims? Let's assume he had it dissolved in some kind of solvent, which when evaporated left a white powder on the floor. Were they walking barefoot and didn't wonder why a mysterious white powder was sticking on their feet?

DraconicAcid - 27-8-2023 at 18:13

I'd guess it was a mixture of crap, and we're not getting the full list of it. Just the two the journalists had hear about.

Metallophile - 27-8-2023 at 18:22

Even if they were just smelling the solvent, it doesn't make this behavior any less psychotic.

pantone159 - 28-8-2023 at 06:54

This was entirely creepy (to put it mildly), but that chemical analysis does not make much sense to me. Maybe the police just did a Marquis test and got some color formed and decided that was what was in there. I suspect that analysis is wrong.

Texium - 28-8-2023 at 07:51

Fixed the thread title for you