Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Laboy glassware might be dead...

Funkerman23 - 6-9-2023 at 15:47

Hello!
This is more for t for the veteran members here, but for a long time Laboy was one of the overseas suppliers that treated our little community well. Lately, there are some serious issues going on with them that point to either a restructuring, or the death of the company. There main website no longer exists, No email I have sent in the last 3 months has been returned. I can't find their eBay seller page, and then only sign of life I see from them is their Amazon seller page, and that may just be the remnants of their products in the supply lines.
If anyone else has information or recent dealings , PLEASE, leave a comment. I am trying to hold out hope but..well..yeah.

Funkerman23 - 11-9-2023 at 18:47

Fingers crossed.. I placed an order for a "Blue kerosene" 50mm 10/18 jointed thermometer, and this time I have a tracking number... that so far doesn't have any tracking results. Its an LNXXXXXXXXXCN number. I am probably boned, but my hunt carries on. The fact is, Synthware does not sell directly to individuals and to get these thermometers I & others, need a third party.

Texium - 11-9-2023 at 20:14

Perhaps see if Dr. Bob still has any in stock. I remember I got one from him several years ago.

Dr.Bob - 13-9-2023 at 11:29

The LNxxxCN number is an international customs tracking number, so it might be fine. Most won't show anything until they arrive in the US. Sadly, I have been out of most therms for about a year now, a couple people bought most of what I had left a while back. I only have a few low temp ones, and some odd ones (very small, specific, temp ranges, mostly Hg).

Funkerman23 - 13-9-2023 at 18:49

Dr Bob is a blessing to our little corner, but In my case, and as much as I LOVE and seek out HG wherever....the blue "kerosene filled " ones are a hell of a lot easier to see. Never thought I'd say a non Hg thermometer was better, but the eyes don't lie. Mind you this is talking about Hg thermometers with just a plain white stripe in the back. Some higher end thermometers seem to have a band that enlarges the mercury column visually, but these 10/18 ones I have don't have the magnifying view.

Funkerman23 - 15-9-2023 at 11:03

UPDATE: While their security certificate is out of date, the website is back!! They may yet live!!

Second update.. I STILL can't recover my account, and thus I doubt they'll respond to emails.

[Edited on 15-9-2023 by Funkerman23]

Funkerman23 - 18-9-2023 at 19:30

UPDATE: Of all things...I got the number on Sep 8th and now I JUST got updates on my thermometer. Seems to be leaving Beijing, so perhaps Laboy is..on life-support/rehab?