Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Looking for a company that posted here, loads of hard to get re-agents and in the UK

TheWire - 27-4-2011 at 16:22

I'm probably asking the impossible..... a while back there was a company that posted here and they had many different items usefull for all sorts of chemistry:).

The prices were quite good as I recall and I am sure they were in the UK, something tells me they were not US based:P!

I've looked and I can get most chems but I have to buy from separate company and carriage for these chems is a joke, if anybody knows the company I mean or knows of a similiar setup can they please share the info with me:cool:

[Edited on 28-4-2011 by TheWire]

TheWire - 27-4-2011 at 20:36

Er, did I say something wrong? I thought this was a chemistry board? In the absence of forum rules(that I could find) and your very helpfull and polite responses I guess it is taboo. I can edit my own posts here I think and now willl. I am truly sorry. I do have a genuine interest in chemistry and while I am no lab wizard, for a self taught kitchen chemist who only went near a lab in my medical training and that was not often. While we are on the subject I hope that vocation somehow makes at least some release why I have 'that' interest. I was into pyro as a kid but got into kind of a lot of trouble when something detonated it was really not supposed to(damn ether was so old it started forming peroxides and these peroxides when exposed to air go bang pretty violently lucky the bottle was nearly empty, last time I accept donations of chemicals!).:mad:

I know people from another board I post on come here so can someone give me the policy on 'that which cannot be mentioned?':o

Anyway, that aside, is it at all possible we could start again.... and is there is a board rules page can someone please link it?;)

[Edited on 28-4-2011 by TheWire]

Bot0nist - 27-4-2011 at 20:49

A lot of threads here relate to, or could be used in immoral and illegal projects. I believe proper, scientific dicourse on these topics is welcome here, and often responded to with helpful and innovative ideas. However, posts that seem blatantly geared toward the production of a controlled substance is discouraged. Not because we are into law enforcement, but because it gives this site, and more importantly any amateur/hobbyist chemists a bad appearance. It is hard enough with all the bad press and chemophobia to even build up a proper home chemistry set in many countries.

[Edited on 28-4-2011 by Bot0nist]

turd - 27-4-2011 at 21:21

Quote: Originally posted by TheWire  

I know people from another board I post on come here so can someone give me the policy on 'that which cannot be mentioned?':o

There is none. If it is presented in the proper style and is of interest, you can talk about the synthesis of anything you want. I personally am definitely interested in amphetamine chemistry, so I welcome any contribution, even if I don't check in very often. Just ignore the morons. For some reason they don't seem to pick on me, just on newcomers, that already tells a lot, IMHO.

I wish there was a rule that, unless you are a moderator, you either contribute to the subject or STFU. I have a feeling that for some people >90% of postings would wander to detritus. :P

Ramiel - 27-4-2011 at 23:55

http://www.sciencemadness.org/madscifaq.html#2.1_Board_topic...

TheWire - 28-4-2011 at 03:51

Quote: Originally posted by Ramiel  
http://www.sciencemadness.org/madscifaq.html#2.1_Board_topic...

Thanks, I understand now, I think