Sciencemadness Discussion Board

first post

chewyguy2005 - 10-3-2004 at 18:24

I tried to detonate 4ml of mekp with a detonator in a controlled space and nothing. I used H2SO4 as the catalyst and sodium bicarbonate as the neutralizer. It worked with the last batch that I made and the only difference was that I used HCL instead of H2SO4 and I only detonated 2ml.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by chewyguy2005]

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by chewyguy2005]

Polverone - 10-3-2004 at 19:16

This bon mot is not appropriate to the thread in which it was originally posted. You didn't perform any sort of controlled experiment. You're not asking for help performing a controlled experiment. You're not providing any rare insights on the chemistry, preparation, or initiation of energetic materials; neither are you asking questions that would help you to obtain those insights.

This is as if you posted "one time, I lit this firecracker and it exploded. Then I lit a bigger firecracker and it didn't explode. The only difference is that the bigger firecracker was yellow and the smaller one was red."

lighten up

chewyguy2005 - 11-3-2004 at 19:22

Thanks for singling me out Polverone. You could have just notified me like all the others, instead of giving me my own topic and insulting me.

??????

chloric1 - 11-3-2004 at 19:30

Uhem! Hey Wookie, you started the thread! Take the grief and learn from it. All Polverone is saying is to use more insight when you post.

?????????

chewyguy2005 - 11-3-2004 at 19:36

I didn't start this thread I posted in the methyl ethyl ketone peroxide thread and he put my post up as a new topic.

Polverone - 11-3-2004 at 20:26

He's correct, I split the thread. No hard feelings I hope, chewy. It's irritating whenever people act contrary to the stated board policies (as found in the <A HREF="http://www.sciencemadness.org/madscifaq.html">FAQ</A>;), but I notice it more when new members do it, because whenever I see new members register I look at what they've posted that day (if anything).

I don't feel like reviewing a long thread, so I say to those posting in the MEKP thread: I hope you aren't talking about your little blowing-things-up tests! If you are, it gives the wrong impression to other members or future members. This is not a forum for energetic materials applications (unless you have something really novel to discuss).

IgnorantlyIntelligent - 15-3-2004 at 09:56

Examples must be made or no one will ever learn.
Look at my title. "insane" I said some things and was quikley labled insane.
BTW, its ok I like my title:D

chloric1 - 23-3-2004 at 11:05

Quote:
Originally posted by IgnorantlyIntelligent
Examples must be made or no one will ever learn.
Look at my title. "insane" I said some things and was quikley labled insane.
BTW, its ok I like my title:D

Yes IGI, I have always been entertained by your posts. It is good to be unique and remembered as aposed to being a faceless sheep in the herd.:D