Sciencemadness Discussion Board

L-PAC or 1-phenyl-1,2-propane dione?

XuTai10 - 8-9-2011 at 12:46

Hi, please help on the choice of substances intended for the hydrogenation of d-ephedrine hydrochloride. I have to choose between these two ingredients: l-phenylacetylcarbinol or 1-phenyl-1 ,2-propane dione.

l-phenylacetylcarbinol seems to me that it was standard procedure for the simple hydrogenation of methylamine in the environment 2.5 on palladium catalyst for a better and more efficient choice.

What is your opinion on this?

(sorry for my English is not very good)

simba - 8-9-2011 at 18:49

Quote: Originally posted by XuTai10  
1-phenyl-1 ,2-propane dione.

How do you make this?

XuTai10 - 8-9-2011 at 22:39

I have a chance to test (1-phenyl-1 ,2-propane dione) or L-phenylacetylcarbinol.

L-phenylacetylcarbinol is specifically designed for my hydrogenation reactor.
1-phenyl-1 ,2-propane dione is designed for different hydrogenation process, which can not be found. Reportedly, in the practical part better than the L-PAC, but I can not compare in practice.

solo - 9-9-2011 at 04:26

Reference Information

Synthesis And NMR Investigation of 1-Phenyl-1,2-propanedione-2-oxime Complexes of Trimethylplatinum(IV).
Peter J. Heard, Glyndwr University
Kenneth Kite

......perhaps you can find some tips in this study to your current project ...solo

Attachment: Synthesis And NMR Investigation of 1-Phenyl-1,2-propanedione-2-ox.pdf (123kB)
This file has been downloaded 888 times

XuTai10 - 9-9-2011 at 10:31

Thanks, I will examine these documents and I will hope that find something positive in it.