Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Sigma-Al account?

GreenD - 2-2-2012 at 09:38

Is it possible?

Even if you just wanted solvents? DMF, DCM, etc?

I am at a loss at getting chemicals I want.
(Boy can I find the ones I don't want!)

entropy51 - 2-2-2012 at 15:09

Do you know how many times some nimrod has asked this question?

The answer is still no. You could have even discovered that for your own lazy ass on the SigAld website.

If you searched, like you should have before asking this, you will find the names of a lot of chemical suppliers who will sell to individuals.

GreenD - 9-2-2012 at 13:39

it came in the mail.:o

zoombafu - 9-2-2012 at 14:52

Quote: Originally posted by GreenD  

it came in the mail.:o

Wait..... Did you get something from sigma?

Eliteforum - 15-2-2012 at 04:35

I get stuff from sigma all the time.

Nicodem - 15-2-2012 at 12:13

Me too and I don't even pay for it!

entropy51 - 15-2-2012 at 15:02

Quote: Originally posted by Eliteforum  
I get stuff from sigma all the time.
I do too, at work.

If you mean shipped to your home, please share your secret.

Lambda-Eyde - 15-2-2012 at 17:22

Quote: Originally posted by entropy51  

If you mean shipped to your home, please share your secret.

This is entirely dependent on which country you live in. I'm 19, and I all I had to do in order to get an account with Fisher Scientific was to register a one-man business (free of charge). Same with VWR. Another large supplier, which delivers all the lab equipment to Statoil as well as being world leading in analytic reference standards allowed me to place orders with them even before that. However, after the terrorist attacks in Norway they want police permits for buying chemicals (before that it was only needed for T/T+ chemicals, as required by law).

Sigma-Aldrich, on the other hand, didn't let me register an account with them because I wasn't listed in the Company registry. I'd only have to pay a few 100$ a year to upgrade my company and thus get a VAT code and a listing in the right registry.