Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Strange...

vulture - 9-5-2004 at 08:22

I found myself logged out a few minutes before posting this and had to log in again.

Did anybody else have the same?

I sure hope this is not another h4xx0rz attack.

The_Davster - 9-5-2004 at 10:01

It did not happen to me. It could just be an isolated incident.
I have noticed that I am sometimes logged out when I have visited MSDB(and signed in) on another computer and then come back to mine, and I am logged out.

cookies?

kld1648 - 9-5-2004 at 17:53

Have you done any computer clean-up work recently? I often delete cookies/temp files to rid myself of unwanted lag/spycookies/etc... and in the process have to log back in to scimadness, among other forums/webmail sites. Just a thought. Worst case, someone stole your e-identity and is imitating you... maybe the fake you posted this thread?:D

Ramiel - 10-5-2004 at 08:37

Happened to me too.

Quantum - 10-5-2004 at 12:31

Happened to me too. (running firefox on linux)

Could be a software problem:(

axehandle - 10-5-2004 at 13:10

I haven't noticed anything strange --- but I log out manually every 4-7 days.

Me too.

motrin - 11-5-2004 at 10:46

axehandle - 12-5-2004 at 07:44

The whole site seems very slow right now... don't know if it's a local problem or not. Other sites load normally. Two times within the last 15 minutes I've gotten "not found" responses from the DNS server when querying "www.sciencemadness.org".... Strange.

Esplosivo - 13-5-2004 at 05:42

Yesterday morning I loged in quite as normal but in the afternoon when I tried to log in the forum would not recognize my password. Polverone changed it back to normal. I don't think that the password has changed all by its own right. Yesterday at around midday (CET) the site was really running slow when compared to other sites. Could be some problem with the server?!

BromicAcid - 13-5-2004 at 13:29

I got logged out a day or two ago and a day or so before that I got logged out of whimsy. Perhaps it is the new board software?

Mr. Wizard - 24-5-2004 at 22:24

I just got logged off when I tried to do a reply. I took the precaution of refreshing the link and I was back on again! Since I made the mistake of logging back on, before I got suspicious, I changed my password, not that it's worth anything to anyone else. has anyone else had this problem today (May 24)?