Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Library Down?

gutter_ca - 9-5-2012 at 08:23

Can't access the library or direct links to *.pdf files.

Hexavalent - 9-5-2012 at 11:22

I seem to be having a similar issue, for me the library, when clicked on, simply refuses to open.

Regarding your .pdf files gutter_ca, would it make a difference what version of the software you are running on your computer?

gutter_ca - 9-5-2012 at 11:43

Quote: Originally posted by Hexavalent  
I seem to be having a similar issue, for me the library, when clicked on, simply refuses to open.

Regarding your .pdf files gutter_ca, would it make a difference what version of the software you are running on your computer?

I mean direct paths to the library pdf files.

ex: http://library.sciencemadness.org/library/books/gergel_isopr...

Hexavalent - 9-5-2012 at 12:13

Yes, but when I click on that link a new tab opens and I consistently get either 'The connection has timed out' or 'There was a problem loading the page'. I am running Firefox broweser of the latest version.

gutter_ca - 9-5-2012 at 13:08

Quote: Originally posted by Hexavalent  
Yes, but when I click on that link a new tab opens and I consistently get either 'The connection has timed out' or 'There was a problem loading the page'. I am running Firefox broweser of the latest version.

Um, that was exactly my complaint.

Quote:

Can't access the library or direct links to *.pdf files.

Polverone - 9-5-2012 at 13:10

The free hosting arrangement I had for the library books finally expired. I have been moving the library over to the main host that runs the forum and taking the time to do a bit of cleanup too. I have removed some of the less interesting books from the library, since I need the space and they are now trivially available from Google Books, Internet Archive, etc. The library and LANL documents should be available again as soon as my DNS changes propagate.

The library uses much more bandwidth than the forum itself. I will have to see if it needs management. I also formerly used the library space to host forum backups; that too will have to move to the main site.

gutter_ca - 9-5-2012 at 16:02

Ah, cool, thanks Polverone.

Eliteforum - 15-11-2012 at 06:50

Library traffic. October saw almost 40gb downloaded.

franklyn - 23-4-2013 at 20:56

http://ntrs.larc.nasa.gov

Attachment: The_NTRS_system_is_unavailable_for_public_access.htm (808B)
This file has been downloaded 424 times