Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Reagents for sale

Doc B - 28-7-2012 at 01:24

Due to exess I have the following reagents available, all in LR grade. Please enquire with quantity and delivery area for quotation should you be interested. Prices are around 90% or less compared to major scientific suppliers prices, in order to clear the cabinets.

Acetamide

Anhydrous acetone

Calcium hypochlorite

Copper nitrate

Dimethylbenzene

Manganese diacetate

Manganese triacetate

Oxalic acid

Sodium acetate

Trichloroethylene

Urea

More to come once Restriction and Export data is clarified (inc; chloroform, DMF, L, solvetoh [dry EtOH])

If you are aware of any restrictions any of the items mentioned or are after something in particular,thats difficult to get a hold of please let me know.

Regards

Doc B

Doc B - 30-7-2012 at 01:45

Some AR reagents also available...

Ammonium iron (II) sulphate

4-dimethylamino-benzaldehyde

Iron (III) chloride hexahydrate

Tri sodium citrate

Just a note all reagents are ex. Sydney Australia, pick up also available.

Tris (hydroxymethyl)methylamine

[Edited on 30-7-2012 by Doc B]

Doc B - 7-8-2012 at 07:14

Postage to the USA is relatively cheap and I really need to clear some of this stuff. If there is anything you want let me know and I'll sort you out a really good deal.

ItsAChitzen - 21-8-2012 at 07:43

How much for the DMF and chloroform? Do you have any diethyl ether?

Doc B - 22-8-2012 at 08:37

I do have diethyl ether. At the moment I can do between $0.75-ml to $0.10-ml depending on volume for all three. If you let me know what volumes you want of these reagents, I'll be able to give you a firm price.

Doc B - 6-9-2012 at 13:30

Newly discovered....

A bunch of metal salts and acetates, will list soon. Anyone after any in particular?

Lambda-Eyde - 6-9-2012 at 13:34

Quote: Originally posted by Doc B  
I do have diethyl ether. At the moment I can do between $0.75-ml to $0.10-ml depending on volume for all three. If you let me know what volumes you want of these reagents, I'll be able to give you a firm price.

100$ for a liter of ether? At best? This better be HPLC-trace metal analysis-SupraSolv<sup>TM</sup>-electronics-pesticide residue-d10 grade...

Doc B - 6-9-2012 at 15:54

It's AR grade and you'll find it's quite reasonablly price at below the going rate by >10%.

And you taught Norway was expensive?

Lambda-Eyde - 6-9-2012 at 15:57

Quote: Originally posted by Doc B  
It's AR grade and you'll find it's quite reasonablly price at below the going rate by >10%.

And you taught Norway was expensive?

Well, heck yes Norway is expensive, but I can still get a liter of AR ether for ~30 USD (converted from NOK). Where do you live, Neptune?

Doc B - 6-9-2012 at 19:46

Worse, Australia.

However Lambda in the intest of not being offensive and defamatory, while sounding like a bit of a twat, you may want to consider gaining some background information prior to jumping on a soap box. Google some Ozzie suppliers and you'll see the price of $100 for a litter of AR anhydrous diethyl ether is actually a good buying price. The best I've seen elsewhere in Oz is $250-$365 for 2.5L.