Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Selling it all!

Ephesian - 12-10-2012 at 01:43

I'm thinking about cleaning out and hanging up the towel, home experimentalism is taking up too much of my time, and my wife is starting to get pissed. I understand by the list I could probably open up my own store :) but here it goes let me know if anyone is interested, I'm going to start putting everything up on eBay, but if you are interested we can do all transactions out of eBay considering how paranoid a lot of you are about that site.

By the looks of it there is

Solvents:
(2) 4.5 L DCM Fisher Scientific
(1) 4.5 L Xylene Fisher Scientific
(1) 4.5 L Chloroform Fisher Scientific
(1) 4.5 L Toluene Fisher Scientific (opened)
(1) 4.5 L IPA Fisher Scientific
(1) 4.5 L Ethyl Acetate (industrial grade)
(1) 4.5 L Allyl Chloride Sigma Aldrich
(2) 4.5 L Methanol (optima)
(1) 1.5 L Pyridine (Acros Organics)
(1) 4.5 L Ethanol Anhydrous Fisher Scientific

Acids
(2) 2.5 L Conc. H2SO4 Fisher
(1) 2.5 L Nitric Acid Fisher
(1) .5 L Nitric Acid Fisher
(1) Glacial Acetic Acid Fisher
800 mL 90% Acetic Acid
(1) 2.5 L HCl Fisher
p-TSA 1.5 Kg
(2) 1L Thionyl Chloride
(1) 1.5 L Sulfuryl Chloride

Bases
1 Kg NaOH

Reagents
Tons of Sigma Aldrich chemicals i'm not naming them all

Most of these aren't open at all, I am charging nearly cost of the materials from manufacture (go on Fisher Scientific and look up prices on these chemicals).

All Sales will be done through PayPal outside Ebay, or if you chose we can do an eBay transaction. Its up to you, either way I don't care.

I also have tons of great laboratory equipment one piece well over 8k USD

strontiumred - 12-10-2012 at 06:10

Couldn't you just get a divorce? :-)

tetrahedron - 12-10-2012 at 06:29

and the courtroom fight over who gets to keep the $8k piece of glassware? =D

hissingnoise - 12-10-2012 at 06:59

Quote:
and my wife is starting to get pissed.

Be creative ─ pussy-access and 'shed-work' don't <i> have</i> to be mutually exclusive . . .
Some of your spare time could be devoted to physical closeness, i.e., lots of huggin'; women love that shit and will usually reciprocate in ways that 'count', if you'll pardon the pun . . .
'Best-of-both-worlds, in short!

Ephesian - 12-10-2012 at 07:48

Quote: Originally posted by tetrahedron  
and the courtroom fight over who gets to keep the $8k piece of glassware? =D

It isnt glass, its a 1L parr reactor "autoclave" with temperature controller and heating mantle

tetrahedron - 12-10-2012 at 08:13

Quote: Originally posted by Ephesian  
1L parr reactor "autoclave" with temperature controller and heating mantle

i'd definitely hug THAT ;p

bahamuth - 12-10-2012 at 10:19

May I ask where you are situated? Shipping usually becomes costly when one lives in the far north and away from centralized civilization as I do...

Ephesian - 12-10-2012 at 10:32

United States, South

[Edited on 12-10-2012 by Ephesian]

borrowedlawyer - 13-10-2012 at 02:31

I WANT THE PYRIDINE NOW!

But I don't think aus customs would be thrilled. :( I got in so much s*** for importing 30 grams of sodium. :mad:

Can you please ship it as 'Dead Fish Extract' to get it through? JK :D

On a side note, if the ethanol is not denatured, is it legal for you to sell? (Don't want police on you!) (Probably is legal, but I have no idea about alcohol laws.)

[Edited on 13-10-2012 by borrowedlawyer]

killswitch - 16-10-2012 at 10:57

Quote: Originally posted by Ephesian  
Reagents
Tons of Sigma Aldrich chemicals i'm not naming them all

What kind of salesmanship is that? :P

Whitebread - 27-10-2012 at 12:14

I'm interested in obtaining thionyl chloride. Could you contact me?

kilowatt - 27-10-2012 at 15:45

I would buy the DCM, glacial acetic, ethyl acetate, and sulfuryl chloride. If you have a solid form of ferric nitrate I would be most interested in that. Also I am looking to assemble a specific set of glassware to produce anhydrous metal salts, and this involves a soxhlet extractor, several adapters (claisen, distillation, and receiving adapters), allihn condensers, reflux coil condensers, thermometers and adapters, and flasks. Also looking for a dewar condenser. Please contact me if you have that type of stuff, I use 24/40 tapers.

ethylsilicate - 1-11-2012 at 14:18

u2u sent

Ephesian - 1-11-2012 at 14:48

due to an under aged (who told me they were 21) sale, I am no longer posting or dealing with sales through this site. please refer to eBay. I have everything up there.

Fossil - 1-11-2012 at 14:56

What's your e-bay seller ID?

For sale

Jerry Ahtrik - 1-11-2012 at 16:43

Ephesian, May I contact you by email to discuss some of your items for sale? Or, what is your eBay store/ID? Thanks.

zenosx - 3-11-2012 at 18:47

Are you selling any of the solvents in lower than the listed quantities? or just all or nothing?
How much for the 4.5L of ethyl acetate and allyl chloride