Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Liquid Mercury 3x distilled dental grade 99.9% Cheap!

poonjabber7 - 23-1-2013 at 09:11

individual 1Lb sealed bottles 100 a pound 180 for 2lbs

2013-01-08_11-28-59_127_1_1.jpg - 383kB

Tsjerk - 23-1-2013 at 09:17

100 of what?

poonjabber7 - 23-1-2013 at 09:20

The price for pure mercury has tripled in the last 3 years and is now a precious metal and its value is rising twice as fast as gold its going rate is 192 dollars a pound i have 20 lbs of it i want to sell and if you are looking to hold on to it or resell it i promise you will be able to double your money for every pound it is a lucrative investment I suggest looking into

poonjabber7 - 23-1-2013 at 09:22

it is pure liquid mercury aka quicksilver of the highest medical grade

elementcollector1 - 23-1-2013 at 09:27

Quote: Originally posted by poonjabber7  
The price for pure mercury has tripled in the last 3 years and is now a precious metal and its value is rising twice as fast as gold its going rate is 192 dollars a pound i have 20 lbs of it i want to sell and if you are looking to hold on to it or resell it i promise you will be able to double your money for every pound it is a lucrative investment I suggest looking into

Holy dooly! That was the mother of all run-on sentences...
I don't know, there are smaller amounts available (1 oz. for $7.50, etc...). 7.5 x 16 oz./pound = $120 per pound. So yours is certainly the better deal for buying in bulk (assuming you mean $100 and not another currency), in case you wanted to build a mercury cell for some reason.

EDIT: Triple distilled, too? The stuff I mentioned was only once distilled, so I guess this is a better deal for those of us who are looking for really pure samples.

[Edited on 23-1-2013 by elementcollector1]

Sedit - 23-1-2013 at 09:39

I have always wanted that much Hg to perform experiments involving inductive currents in a Mercury vortex but couldn't afford it at the moment. Wish science was free :(

SM2 - 23-1-2013 at 11:28

The problem you have, is your Hg isn't liquid. There are only four commodity precious metals which are liquid, and traded like cash.

Au, Ag, Pt, Pd, Ro

SM2 - 23-1-2013 at 11:29

Quote: Originally posted by Sedit  
I have always wanted that much Hg to perform experiments involving inductive currents in a Mercury vortex but couldn't afford it at the moment. Wish science was free :(

Sedit, those flying machines in India 25,000 years ago?

woelen - 23-1-2013 at 12:05

This looks very familiar to me, appr. two weeks ago this also was offered.

EDIT: Found it here: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=23039
Price already has gone down considerably since the previous post ;)

[Edited on 23-1-13 by woelen]

SM2 - 23-1-2013 at 15:08

Yes, Hg can also be a beast of burden. just to own.

Sedit - 23-1-2013 at 15:21

Quote: Originally posted by SM2  
Quote: Originally posted by Sedit  

Sedit, those flying machines in India 25,000 years ago?

No its a curiosity I had since I was a kid but I found it very interesting when I started hearing legends of things that flew using such a technique. I was just curious if a stable AC field could be made and how exactly the electricity would flow using a liquid metal. I don't really know if the current of the mercury would even allow for an induced charge or if it would just act like a non moving block hence the reason I always wanted to experiment with it.

if you are truly interested in mercury as much as i am i will sell 2 oz bottle for 15 dollars with triple distilled it is a great price bc 7.50 an oz is for raw mercury it only goes up with grade and purity

poonjabber7 - 23-1-2013 at 16:15

poonjabber7 - 23-1-2013 at 16:19

the bottles are sealed 1 pound a piece but i will sell at minimum 2oz in a diff vial or bottle

poonjabber7 - 23-1-2013 at 16:26

as a personal note i used 1 pound to restore an old ford and this element is truly amazing to restore old chrome bumper (without BUFFING) the mercury amagulate with the bumper and made it look brand new! if you do your homework science f***ing awsome. I have it from a dentist in my family so i have the tools and machines to make old school fillings.

mad.chemist - 25-1-2013 at 10:25

has anyone bought any mercury from poonjabber7 and is willing to vouch for him?

sancho20 - 26-1-2013 at 13:09

if you pay through paypal you are safe because if you have a problem they will refund your money

silvergrahm - 26-1-2013 at 15:53

Is selling mercury even legal? I thought there was some sort of trade law that kicked in Jan 1st.

[Edited on 26-1-2013 by silvergrahm]

watson.fawkes - 26-1-2013 at 18:09

Quote: Originally posted by silvergrahm  
Is selling mercury even legal? I thought there was some sort of trade law that kicked in Jan 1st.
Right now, yes.

You're thinking about the recent Minamata Convention, coming out of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). It's not ratified yet.

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 02:33

i guess mercury prices are really on the rise and its quite valuable ..ive been holding on to a bunch of it i bought a while back..i found this website that sells it ...triple distilled sells for $445 a pound..or $100 for 100grams..poonjabber i would either hold on to the mercury you already have or try to get a little more money out of it..but if you are interested in selling all 20 lbs i may be interested .because at the price your selling it for i wouldnt mind adding it to what i already have...

[Edited on 27-1-2013 by sancho20]

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 02:34

http://www.labdepotinc.com/p-19427-mercury-triple-distilled-...

Coincidence?

Gearhead_Shem_Tov - 27-1-2013 at 02:39

Does anyone else find it odd that both poon and sancho registered the same day? Terms such as "shill" and "sock puppet" come to mind...

silvergrahm - 27-1-2013 at 02:54

Quote: Originally posted by Gearhead_Shem_Tov  
Does anyone else find it odd that both poon and sancho registered the same day? Terms such as "shill" and "sock puppet" come to mind...

Seriously. Poon this is the worst shill I've seen. And for what? To unload a few pounds of mercury you stole or found in your landlords basement?

PS: We all have google. We can look up the commodity price or type in "buy mercury" in which case we see galliumsource sells 250g for $110, free shipping.

adamsium - 27-1-2013 at 02:58

I'd also noticed that. Also, all of sancho20's posts have been in poonjabber7's two mercury sale threads, mostly talking up the value of mercury and other such reassurances.

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 03:10

well i was searching the web looking to see what mercury was selling for lately and this website came up on one of my searches...i have a bunch of mercury myself and i was just sticking up for him since obviously some people are trying to say its worth nothing..but to silvergrahm i see you have google but why not use it to see how much more triple distilled mercury is worth compared to the price of the regular mercury price you posted..

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 03:12

https://www.goodfellowusa.com/catalog/GFUS4I.php?ewd_token=V...

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 03:20

so if you think me and poonjabber are the same person or something dont buy the mercury from him..i was considering selling some of my mercury also so maybe i was trying to make it know what the actual value of it was but i can see this is probaly not the place to sell it..

Vargouille - 27-1-2013 at 03:21

Well, there are specific writing quirks to indicate that Sancho20 is not Poonjabber (Please refrain from cutting off the 'jabber' portion, as the resulting term is a profanity in the English language). There are also specific writing quirks that *may* indicate that they are the same person. Only someone who can see their IP addresses could say if they're the same person or not, if no proxy was used.

Incidentally, recall that one pound is a little over 450g. I personally can't buy it (chemistry is an expensive hobby), but if someone is willing to make a gamble, it could would out marvelously well.

adamsium - 27-1-2013 at 03:32

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sial/215457?lang...

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 03:48

once again thats a lower grade mercury check their website for the prices of their higher grade mercury the prices are quite a bit different..

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 03:57

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/fluka/83359?lang...

adamsium - 27-1-2013 at 04:03

The link you posted was for 99.999+%, the Sigma one I posted is for 99.9995% (the '+' is essentially implicit and somewhat redundant). Thus, it is of a higher guaranteed minimum purity than the one to which you linked. It's also from Sigma. I'm well aware that yet more pure material costs substantially more money.

As Vargouille mentioned, this could work out quite nicely for someone. It all just seems a bit odd and could just as easily work out not so nicely.

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 07:02

i posted one from sigma also..the one you posted is a lower grade ..

Vargouille - 27-1-2013 at 07:11

According to the assay box, they have the same purity (99.9995%). Although, Sancho's is done by Fluka, and the other is done by Sigma-Aldrich.

sancho20 - 27-1-2013 at 09:06

right but dental mercury is very high grade..which is what i have

woelen - 28-1-2013 at 02:41

Quote: Originally posted by sancho20  
so if you think me and poonjabber are the same person [...]
Sancho20 is not the same person as poonjabber. No need to discuss that furtheron.

EssOiEx - 15-4-2017 at 06:30

Quote: Originally posted by Vargouille  
(Please refrain from cutting off the 'jabber' portion, as the resulting term is a profanity in the English language).

This made me laugh so hard :D Because leaving the jabber portion on is just as profane... One who jabs the poon. bahahahaha

On a serious note. I may be willing to take a risk on getting some, as long as it is legal to purchase, own, and ship. I loved playing with mercury when I was a kid, and would love to have some for novelty purposes. Send me a U2U seller. Lets talk.

[Edited on 15-4-2017 by EssOiEx]

XeonTheMGPony - 16-4-2017 at 06:13

Look at date this thread was long since dead,

and what sheltered individual could see the name as profane? Immature only imo.

mayko - 16-4-2017 at 12:20

here's a mad science project (best avoided, imho) that I heard about the other day, requiring bulk mercury:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_vapour_turbine

This one's classic too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_fountain