Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Reagent requests

Mailinmypocket - 28-1-2013 at 15:03

I am going back to a lab closing sale this weekend. As mentioned in the "last chemical order" thread, I will try and take requests for specific reagents you need.

Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if it is there, not looking to make money, just cover the shipping and cost of the item. When I went last most pH indicators and biological dyes were very cheap as were general reagents (lots of strontium chloride for some reason).

Anyhow, post what you need and I will bring a list on the weekend and see what can be done.

kadriver - 30-1-2013 at 20:00

I am looking for sodium bromate and bromcreosol purple.

Please let me know if you find some - I'll definitely buy it from you if you pick it up.

Thanks!

kadriver

Mailinmypocket - 31-1-2013 at 05:39

Quote: Originally posted by kadriver  
I am looking for sodium bromate and bromcreosol purple.

Please let me know if you find some - I'll definitely buy it from you if you pick it up.

Thanks!

kadriver

No problem, I will add these items to my list and see what I can find!

Lambda-Eyde - 31-1-2013 at 11:19

Because I'm such a genius, I have come up with this idea before you have: Agree on a maximum price before Mailinmypocket returns with a chemical you were interested to pay 10$ for, but won't pay 30$ for!

Mailinmypocket - 31-1-2013 at 11:39

Quote: Originally posted by Lambda-Eyde  
Because I'm such a genius, I have come up with this idea before you have: Agree on a maximum price before Mailinmypocket returns with a chemical you were interested to pay 10$ for, but won't pay 30$ for!

Actually you are genius! I never thought to mention that- General reagents were generally (hah!) 5-20$ for open bottles below 500g sizes, the new sealed ones were much pricier, pretty much retail cost.

But yes, giving me a ballpark idea would be appreciated. Otherwise I will get what I can as long as the prices are cheap, and if anyone changes their mind it isn't that big a deal. Im sure I can find a use for the chems or sell them off, or just let them sit around. Not a big deal.

Thanks for mentioning that Lambda :)

kadriver - 31-1-2013 at 13:48

I'll get you my phone# so you can call me if the prices seem unreasonable. Thank you for even offering to do it man!

kadriver

Edit one time for spelling error

[Edited on 31-1-2013 by kadriver]

elementcollector1 - 1-2-2013 at 09:27

I guess if you see any tert-butanol, Group 1 or 2 heavy metals, or cesium/rubidium compounds (cesium! Yeah!), let me know.

Rich_Insane - 2-2-2013 at 16:10

I'm interested in transition metal acetate salts (nickel, copper, etc) as well as basic solvents (especially nonpolar ones). U2U me if there is any there.

Mailinmypocket - 2-2-2013 at 22:34

Well, that sale was a bust :(

When I got there all that was left were lots of the sealed reagents and some equipment such as rotory evaps and scads of TLC stuff... The only things I was able to get/afford were acetonitrile and reagent grade sodium chloride(expensive fish and chips maybe?)

Anyhow, for most general reagents I can still help out and source what you need and possibly re-ship if my supplier does not ship outside of Canada- prices would be whatever the cost is, I'm not looking to make a profit. Again, just thinking out loud but if anyone needs anything specific, I'll see what I can do.

Sorry for being a bit of a waste of time to those who had requests... Apparently a college came in and took all the already open reagents for a wholesale cost, what a piss off.

Xenon1898 - 10-2-2013 at 21:17

Oh, well, worth a shot anyway, thanks for thinking of the SM group. I didn't see this thread soon enough anyway, but people like me that are in semi-remote locations miss out on the big city action when places go out of business or there are some kind of sales for other reasons. Thanks anyway

mr.crow - 10-2-2013 at 21:41

I am interested in sealed reagents, doesn't matter if they are full priced. Anything interesting? You can PM me if you want

Doc B - 11-2-2013 at 01:51

Thanks for your efforts.

Where the rotovaps in good order, how much were they asking?
Also can you elaborate on general reagents please?

Cheers

Mailinmypocket - 11-2-2013 at 11:49

There were virtually no chemicals left when I went the second time- I really did feel rather dumb for not just loading up the first time :( the evaporators were 400$, they also had two very new looking ones with blue backlit LCD screens which were absolutely amazing, for a couple thousand though. These sales come up maybe once a year or so- so I will keep an eye out and plan better next time.

Doc B - 11-2-2013 at 22:16

Not to worry, next time you'll probably take an empty trailer just in case lol.
Thanks again for your kind offer.