Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Nickle coated silicon cathodes hydrolosis

morganism - 14-11-2013 at 12:02

And add a bit of lithium to the electrolyte to increase efficiency.

http://m.phys.org/news/2013-11-low-cost-long-lasting-splitte...

I wonder if the titanium dioxide particles in sunlight was tested for increasing the efficiency also.

Both gold and tio nano particles can drive hydrolysis in direct sunlight....

violet sin - 14-11-2013 at 23:04

Thanks for the info. I have a few other papers on the TiO2, Au and Au/Ag nano particles. I don't have a use for such things but good reading for sure. I'd also have to say I like the trend these days of doing more with cheaper/more available materials. just put in novel arrangements, ccombinations or particle size makes all the difference.

In regards to your statement about lithium, would not cesium be even better. As I recall it increases efficientcy in solar cells and decreases work load on the terminals. I don't know that an aqueous sol here would perform comparable to annealed oxide(carbonate?) layer on a solar cell. But I'm fairly certain I have seen Cs salts in patents for batteries. And Mixed Cs/Li versions.

I hate being away from my home computer for references, this iTouch can't even download papers if I find em. Bookmark, sure but not good enough. If I remember I will try and post a few links when I get back home.