Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Stopcock Size help please

RedFox - 2-1-2014 at 11:43

Hi Guys/Girls

ive recently obtained a addition funnel without the stopcock, looking at the socket it has 4 written on it, i have tried to find the company who made the glassware "SGA Scientific inc" but have had no luck, i have UTFSE and google but all i can come out with is stopcocks wich specify "4" but this looks like it may refer to the bore size through the stopcock itself, i cant find any information with any dimensions about " "or anyone selling stopcocks buy this spec. any help to a retailer that sells by this "dimension" (or if anyone has a second hand one they would consider selling?) or a link pointing me in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated!

[Edited on 2-1-2014 by RedFox]

Dr.Bob - 2-1-2014 at 12:17

That says TS 4, taper standard #4. I think that is about 40 mm long on the stopcock length and it is about 15 mm diameter at the narrow end and ~18mm dia at the wider end. I likely have some used ones, if you are interested, or they sell them at several sites, at insanely high prices, one is below for example. If you want a used one, send me a u2u.

http://www.gogenlab.com/products/pyrex-r-ts-straight-bore-st...

RedFox - 2-1-2014 at 14:22

Ah is see. PS made no sense to me TS sounds better. thanks for the reply, have U2U'd you!

RedFox - 2-1-2014 at 14:34

please excuse the double post, just went back to check the marking (just to be sure i wasnt starting to loose my head or sight) clearly printed "P" (please see below pic of better image). not sure what kind of spec that is or maby a misprint?. anyways, have measured the socket and have overall 30mm length, 18mm at the big end and 12mm at the small end.

Dr.Bob - 2-1-2014 at 16:35

Is the inside ground or smooth, it looks pretty smooth. That might be a Teflon stopcock joint, I have never seen them labelled PS, but who knows. None of the stopcocks I have are numbered but the standard Teflon stopcock on larger sep funnels is 28-29 mm long, smaller diameter end is 12mm, the larger one is 18mm in diameter. I have lots of those.