Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Searchable copy of Vogel

Paddywhacker - 12-3-2014 at 17:00

Does anybody have a searchable copy of Vogel? Does such a document exist?

All PDFs that I have seen are image copies where you cannot search for a particular word or phrase. I might consider scanning a copy through an OCR application, but tidying up the output would be a huge job and I would likely lose interest.

Polverone - 12-3-2014 at 17:50

The copy in the library is searchable, though not perfectly, since the search is based on uncorrected OCR text:

http://library.sciencemadness.org/library/books/vogel_practi...

Open it and try searching for e.g. 'reflux'.

All the scanned books in the SM library have OCR text for searching embedded beneath the page images.

TheChemiKid - 13-3-2014 at 12:58

I have a file that is searchable, you can download it here.

thebean - 13-3-2014 at 13:47

Ctrl+F then type whatever you want to find on SM's Library copy.

zed - 26-3-2014 at 12:37

There was a fifth edition floating around on the net. Availability of such books waxes and wanes. I've downloaded several such books to my computer, only to discover that they are perishable. After a few days or weeks, they seem to delete themselves.
If you can't spring for the original book, a ream or two of cheap paper, and a laser jet printer, and a large binder.... can solve your problems. Used laser jet printers are super cheap where I live, as are cartridges and/or toner.

S.C. Wack - 26-3-2014 at 14:42

Quote: Originally posted by zed  
There was a fifth edition floating around on the net. Availability of such books waxes and wanes.

V5 has come up here before IIRC.

When 4shared deleted me, the reups were the .pdf versions if they were made, since .djvu is almost dead and buried now. The original (well the 9.76 MB non-ocr .djvu was the original by a few hours, dating nearly to the hour the-hive's demise) .djvu OCR version that was now rides again FWIW, in the mediafire preparative folder. No "official" ocr of the original 14.3 MB .pdf was made.

NOV:5 - 14-10-2014 at 14:28

Quote: Originally posted by S.C. Wack  
Quote: Originally posted by zed  
There was a fifth edition floating around on the net. Availability of such books waxes and wanes.

V5 has come up here before IIRC.

.........in the mediafire preparative folder. .....

Hmmm, would someone mind pointing to this location for me please?...

Thanks

S.C. Wack - 14-10-2014 at 16:45

Quote: Originally posted by NOV:5  
pointing to this location

Immediately above your post; all my scans. Here they are again: