Sciencemadness Discussion Board

synthesis of anthranilic acid

The_213_Ring - 15-11-2002 at 14:32

I suppose anthranilic acid C7H7NO2 are
a chemical which can be used for many
main-reactions or to make other components.
Is it possible to synthesize from phenol or
aniline with acetic acid ?

QuieraƱa - 24-8-2019 at 18:10

I apologize I don't know the answer to your question exactly as its stated but I can say this that you can YouTube search and there is a video on the creation of anthranilic acid. I do hope this helps your endeavors.

icelake - 24-8-2019 at 20:54

@QuieraƱa: This topic older than youtube, please don't reply to 17 year old topics.

fusso - 24-8-2019 at 22:04

lol

CharlieA - 25-8-2019 at 16:12

Well, I just searched YouTube for "make anthranilic acid", and got more than half a dozen hits. I didn't watch any of them. :)

edit: the most recent was 4 years old.

[Edited on 8-26-2019 by CharlieA]

Chemi Pharma - 29-9-2019 at 05:28

You can try this route, starting with salicylic acid and converting it to anthranilic acid in one pot with chloroacetamide, K2CO3, KI and DMF. Look at here: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=82095&...

rockyit98 - 29-9-2019 at 07:03

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthranilic_acid says Anthranilic acid was first obtained by base-induced degradation of indigo.

sparkgap - 1-10-2019 at 03:48

"This topic older than youtube, please don't reply to 17 year old topics."

- This isn't quite right; it is perfectly sensible to respond to an old topic with something that is pertinent or informative (progress updates, new knowledge, and such). "I don't know" and "lol" certainly do not fit this description, and only serve to inflate post counts.

sparky (~_~)

Ubya - 1-10-2019 at 06:16

Quote: Originally posted by sparkgap  
"This topic older than youtube, please don't reply to 17 year old topics."

- This isn't quite right; it is perfectly sensible to respond to an old topic with something that is pertinent or informative (progress updates, new knowledge, and such). "I don't know" and "lol" certainly do not fit this description, and only serve to inflate post counts.

sparky (~_~)

i know but i thing that icelake meant that responding directly to the user "look it on youtube" doesn't make much sense as that user probably is not active