Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Trimethoxy-Cathinone

yogi - 29-12-2004 at 02:41

OK, so I know these analogs have been synthesized. I do not know of any literature concerning this, and if anyone has any refs it would be nice if posted here.
I believe these analogs will prove to be quite useful in research (at least some of them)

Zephyr - 13-11-2013 at 19:25

nope sorry couldn't find anything. How would they be useful in research?

turd - 13-11-2013 at 23:21

Quote: Originally posted by yogi  
OK, so I know these analogs have been synthesized. I do not know of any literature concerning this, and if anyone has any refs it would be nice if posted here.

Go to a library/university with SciFinder/Reaxys access.
Quote:
How would they be useful in research?

Structure activity/function relationship. Possibly the most important aspect of applied synthetic chemistry.

chemrox - 14-11-2013 at 16:42

visit MAPS
BTW: tm-amphetamine turned out to have little or no activity (PiKHAL) so I'm not optimistic about tm-cat

[Edited on 15-11-2013 by chemrox]

Mildronate - 15-11-2013 at 07:23

Do you need literature about activity or synthesis, synht is similar to other cathiones

zed - 19-11-2013 at 19:07

The way I remember it, TMA made folks want to punch other peoples faces in. Not generally a quality one looks for in psychoactive materials. Unless of course, you are considering military applications.

Rich_Insane - 27-11-2013 at 11:14

This compound would most likely not be all that active. I don't think substitution in the beta position would do anything for 5ht2a affinity (the primary target of the TMA series). Beta-keto compounds like beta-keto-methamphetamine (methcathinone) or beta-keto-3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine ("Methylone") have enhanced noradrenergic activity, in particular, noradrenaline release and reuptake inhibition (if I recall correctly).

Putting an oxygen in that position would not enhance activity to an appreciable extent, and might just decrease activity (less BBB penetration?)

Synthesis could be performed starting from 2,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl-1-propanone (sorry IUPAC for butchering nomenclature).