Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Interest check on a Heidolph UK

pepsimax - 24-8-2014 at 18:53

Looks just like the above, but with the commander unit as shown below. Makes life very easy, just bash in the temp you want to +/- 1'c, put the probe in the solution and sit back. With a bit of practice you can control how fast it heats up too, up to a few hours i've found. Though full whack, heidolph say 1.45 to 2.00 times the temp you're after takes a few minutes.

The stirrer is pretty noisy I must say. Not clattery, but it whirs pretty rapidly to get up to speed, instead of sending the bar flying. However, the magnet is so powerful it will wobble metal at the other side of my worktop when it's turned on. It'll stir anything just about!

Honestly it's a beautiful unit. It makes life very easy indeed.

Mechanically it's perfect as far as I know. Runs for days, not a hicup. Not often, just the rare occasion i require that - but then again, it's built for long endurance!

Now there's one thing that lets it down, the teflon plate is pretty bad. This was caused my a caustic soda solution boiling over and me forgetting. so there's a silver ring. It's fixable. By an amateur, I don't know sorry. Still works like a dream though.

Only thinking of selling because I'm moving to a house with no man cave, mortified :( These retail at over a grand at fisher easily.

I'll take photos asap. Postage will be about 15. No silly offers, sorry for being rude but I just won't let such a quality piece of equipment go for peanuts.

Few reagents too and a small selection of glass. Vastly reduced today, my last experiment claimed a sep funnel, lovely dropper funnel (still works fine, just dripper is chipped, beaker and volumetric flask.

I'd also swap for anything that could be useful in a boring house. I already have a wife though, so no thanks

ohh, remembered a vid I put on yourtube featuring it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtSqkRIDRw&list=UUx09GT...

[Edited on 25-8-2014 by pepsimax]

[Edited on 25-8-2014 by pepsimax]