Sciencemadness Discussion Board

What th..? (multi member bug?)

12AX7 - 21-5-2005 at 06:14

Odd? I also noticed Alchemie just tripleposted in this thread.

Tim (bored morning)

cyclonite4 - 21-5-2005 at 06:36

That is indeed odd!

I noticed another odd error. The "Rogue Science Suspended?" thread in whimsy says it has 17 replies in it, and only one page, but uopn entering, suddenly has 6 pages. May that be because of the thread merge?

EDIT: I checked that thread, and didn't notice a triple post. I guess the bugs only affect a few. Does anyone notice the one I speak of?

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by cyclonite4]

BromicAcid - 21-5-2005 at 06:43

I've noticed a few double posts in the last few days to new threads but they are gone quickly after noticing them usually, so it must be some sort of bug I guess unless the mods are always here.

12AX7 - 21-5-2005 at 06:44

Checking, only one post appears now. He may have edited it.

The roguesci thread shows up weird like that for me, too. Give the database a "technical tap" or something. :P

Tim

sparkgap - 21-5-2005 at 06:51

It also happens that after deleting what was supposedly one of your double posts, both posts are gone. :o Forum software bug, I suppose (but not as wacky/weird as *that other bug* mentioned in Whimsy ;) )

sparky (~_~)

Polverone - 21-5-2005 at 12:39

The multiple-login thing turns out to be a known XMB problem. The developers have no plans to fix it in the near future because it would apparently require changing many things. How reassuring! The multiple-posts bug is more worrisome because it actually affects how the forum is used. I'm not sure where its origins lie. The multiple-login bug is some sort of race condition problem, I think, which may explain why it is showing up in recent months rather than a couple of years ago: this forum is much busier now than it was then.

Cyrus - 21-5-2005 at 15:44

Huh. Well I put up 2 looooong posts today. Both in the technochemistry section. And they are both gone. :( I'm not sure if that's related to this problem, but I'm still confused. Heck, I don't know why I'm typing this, because it will probably be removed too. ;)

Is a moderator having a hey-day with my posts? I don't think so, so it must be a bug.

edit- and when I try to log in using HTPPS, it says page cannot be found.

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by Cyrus]

The_Davster - 21-5-2005 at 16:21

When trying to use https I get a error about who the site is registered to, instead of sciencemadnes.org it is porsche.micfo.com.

Polverone - 21-5-2005 at 16:53

Sciencemadness was switched over to a new server earlier today to try to fix the reliability problems we've had, and its DNS information was changed too. I suspect you got the wrong certificate because you tried to use SSL while the change was in progress. I have no problems using the HTTPS version right now. Please let me know if errors persist.

alchemie - 22-5-2005 at 06:14

:o

I didn't notice anything unusual. And didn't erase any of my posts.

"You are entering the twilight zone...";)