Sciencemadness Discussion Board

amateur chromatography and electrophoresis

Polverone - 22-1-2003 at 01:47

I have made available a number of articles dealing with chromatography and electrophoresis from Scientific American's Amateur Scientist column. The files were provided by NBK2000 of the Explosives and Weapons Forum from the CD-ROM Amateur Scientist compilation. They have been cleaned up a bit but otherwise appear as they did on the CD.

http://bcis.pacificu.edu/~polverone/chromatography/experimen...

marksev1 - 16-10-2009 at 09:05

Mr. Polverone, i know i'm digging up a pretty old thread, but since it's an interesting topic i would like to ask, could you please upload again (if you still have access to this material ) the contents of this CD, since the link you posted in 2002 is dead.
Thank you very much.

DDTea - 20-10-2009 at 04:40

I am also very interested in this. I would like to see more analytical techniques employed in home science, and not necessarily sophisticated ones. Thin Layer Chromatography would find a wonderful niche in some organic syntheses; if it's done in 2-Dimensions, then all the better for separation of species!

Chromatography has a special place in my heart. It's called the HATERIUM. Hah, at least in the sense that it can be frustrating; there's no doubt about its utility, though.