Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Free industrial glassware (and £10 5l flasks) (UK)

mowsala - 23-11-2014 at 13:29

Free for anyone willing to collect from Devon, UK: some big glassware. Got from a skip outside the chemical engineering department of a university a few years ago.

I believe this is a condenser - water is intended to be pumped through the spiral tube to condense the contents of the wide tube the spiral sits in, as part of a larger system. I intended to fill the outer tube with water and use the inner as a condenser, but never got round to it. (actually, I ended up stabbing my hand with a piece of glass tubing I was making to connect to it.) Approx. 70cm tall, 25cm wide. The spiral tube has 3 ends with a branch near one end. There's a thin layer of solid stuck inside. Borosilicate (I think). Appears to be made in 1950; QVF brand.

These two are 1.5m long and 4.5cm external diameter, with flanged ends. Borosilicate (I think). QVF brand.

This is plastic. I'm guessing it's for doing something with gases. A (snapped) outlet at the bottom, and one at the side - your guess is as good as mine. Approx. 65x15cm.

Two 5l conical flasks. Everything else is free, but I want £10 each for these. Pyrex; one has a side arm. Approx. 35cm high, 5.5cm internal diameter neck. Although I have washed them several times, they are still kinda sticky inside. I can post them if you like.

[Edited on 23-11-2014 by mowsala]

WChase501 - 11-12-2014 at 16:09

Will to mail?