Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Our prolific, multifaceted troll- ban him or not?

Pages:  1  2

aga - 22-2-2015 at 10:44

OK. I just got off the phone with a contact in the GDT (Spain's Internet crime bureau) and they suggested that as it is likely a US citizen, the best place to report the post to would be the FBI.

Apparently all they need is the Post, and the email of the user, although knowing the IP from which the post was made would enable them to track down the user 'very quickly'.

I've U2U'd you (Bert) the email for FBI crime reporting.

blogfast25 - 22-2-2015 at 10:48

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
OK. I just got off the phone with a contact in the GDT (Spain's Internet crime bureau) and they suggested that as it is likely a US citizen, the best place to report the post to would be the FBI.

Apparently all they need is the Post, and the email of the user, although knowing the IP from which the post was made would enable them to track down the user 'very quickly'.

I've U2U'd you (Bert) the email for FBI crime reporting.

What's the claimed crime, aga?

Is there an emoticon missing somewhere? ;)

aga - 22-2-2015 at 10:51

It got deleted.

I screen-shot it before that happened.

Zombie - 22-2-2015 at 11:07

I agree with you Mr. Aga.

IMHO a person claiming responsibility for a capitol crime should be brought to bear.

The very nature of that poster is "unstable" to use a generalized description.

Mr. Blog... If I whispered in your ear at a dinner party, completely sober and lucidly that I had done as the poster has claimed wouldn't you still feel compelled to take some form of action?
Agreed there is no crime in that act but the implications go much further.

blogfast25 - 22-2-2015 at 11:14

Quote: Originally posted by Zombie  

It doesn't occur to you he's just trying to shock you? It's part of his stupid little game.

Zombie - 22-2-2015 at 11:36

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  

It doesn't occur to you he's just trying to shock you? It's part of his stupid little game.

I just spoke w/ Bert via U2U. He stated he did not delete that post.
If the poster can delete his own (I don't know this to be fact) he / she obviously realized that post was a HUGE mistake.

I agree it was a shock value post. I also think throwing a cat against a wall while not illegal in many places must not be tolerated.
That is all I am saying.

blogfast25 - 22-2-2015 at 14:30

That is all I am saying.

Of course that kind of post cannot be tolerated. Don't really see the point in calling the cops about it though. No crime's been committed.

aga - 22-2-2015 at 14:35

Wheels are already in motion.

It's now up to the US law enforcement authorities to investigate, and work out if it was just a 'shocker' or not.

Even if the post was made by a stupid kid, that same kid may go on to DO said acts one day.

Simply cannot take chances with shit like that.

I hope it was just an attention-seeking thing made by a kid, and that they benefit from the experience of being interviewed by people with the authority, and means, to kill them.

Hopefully something will be learned.

Fulmen - 22-2-2015 at 14:35

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  

You are of course right in that it's just a game for him. But he did cross a line, and I have no problems with Aga's course of action. We should not tolerate any forms of threats or jokes about such such heinous nature.

I for one will not miss this obnoxious little turd.

aga - 22-2-2015 at 14:42

As the post was deleted, Context is getting confused.

They claimed to have raped and killed a female child

I am not capable of ignoring that.

It cannot be a Joke : it is not funny.

Chemosynthesis - 22-2-2015 at 14:53

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
As the post was deleted, Context is getting confused.

They claimed to have raped and killed a female child

I saw it. I can't speak for here, but I was involved in moderation on another forum where members took credit for violent crimes and posted pictures of such criminal activity. You can guarantee they had information forwarded to the appropriate authorities. Also, hello to whoever in the FBI is reading.

aga - 22-2-2015 at 14:56

As the poster might actually have not been lying, then they could face Trial in the near future.

Further discussion we have about it here could undermine the case for the prosecution, in that our ramblings may support a view that the Accused is/was of of unstable mind.

Better we forget all about it, and let the Law take it's course.

Crowfjord - 22-2-2015 at 15:17

I don't think he is in the US. When he first started trolling the boards, or rather when he first started becoming a problem, Woelen tracked his IP. I think it was in Bosnia, or thereabouts.
 Pages:  1  2