Sciencemadness Discussion Board

The-Hive as torrent

Organikum - 21-2-2006 at 03:14

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/542946/Chemistry_Compilation...

chemoleo - 21-2-2006 at 10:00

Thanks... unfortunately, the torrent seems inactive, it is not possible to connect to it (while other torrents work fine).
Where are thou seeds?

Organikum - 21-2-2006 at 10:04

I am the only seeder by now and have 5 peers connected, you may just be patient - and use Azureus for it´s distributed tracking enabled.

/ORG

The_Davster - 21-2-2006 at 10:13

I am using Azureus...I am connected to 5(4) peers...:o..go figure.
Thanks!
I will seed when I am done for a couple of days or so...

PainKilla - 21-2-2006 at 10:25

Always good to have a backup, I'll be seeding whenever my computer is on.... (which is always.)

Hive

MadHatter - 21-2-2006 at 12:21

I have a Hive backup on my FTP under CHEMISTRY - ORGANIC. I don't know if it
was the latest version or not.

Organikum - 21-2-2006 at 13:04

Thats for sure a good thing to have, but I was contacted by several friends about a possibility to get the-hive rip and not all of them are members of SCM and have FTP access. So I thought a torrent would be the means of choice to get this spreaded further.

Thanks to all who help seeding
/ORG

S.C. Wack - 21-2-2006 at 14:09

Perhaps we can get this straight, as to what exactly it is? As there has been no description. Is it a httrack of both the arcHive and the attatchments that go with it, or what?

I just want things to be clear for those who never saw the Hive. Some see the synthetikal arcHive and think that is all there was, when in fact it is only a portion, even of the chem threads. (It would be hilarious if someone had httrack'd the complete Couch, only, and now put it out as a "Hive backup", without further comment.)

Organikum - 21-2-2006 at 14:22

"Is it a httrack of both the arcHive and the attatchments that go with it,"
It´s this made from the source Synthetical used to provide this information (not gathered by me btw), people told me that Synthetikal is down and others don´t want to go there, so I made the torrent. Doesn´t hurt I thought.

Already the-hive itself was never complete in the last days as it was heavily edited by certain administrators for sometimes doubtful reasons.

/ORG

[Edited on 21-2-2006 by Organikum]

[Edited on 21-2-2006 by Organikum]

Quantum - 21-2-2006 at 20:13

Quote:

It would be hilarious if someone had httrack'd the complete Couch, only, and now put it out as a "Hive backup", without further comment.

I have always wanted to read the posts in the Couch but of course the other parts are more interesting.

Thank you Organikum

I have been using the standard BT tools but I will try out this Azureus program now...

Hive

MadHatter - 22-2-2006 at 10:43

The "Download an offline searchable copy from: www.mfi.synthetikal.com" doesn't work.
I made an HTTRACK version starting with the webpage that synthetikal provides. Until I find
a "fuller" version it's the best I can provide for the FTP.

daeron - 22-2-2006 at 12:56

ill upload it whenever they delete it, sorry dont like torrents.
http://rapidshare.de/files/13412429/HiveFilez-2005-04-08.rar...

Organikum - 22-2-2006 at 13:16

The limit at rapidshare is 100MB, the torrent has about 450MB, I guess somethings missing daeron.

/ORG

Hive

MadHatter - 22-2-2006 at 14:16

Daeron, I just downloaded the file from RapidShare, although it looks like the file
downloaded in the early days of my FTP. It's in the UPLOAD folder.

As for access to the FTP, it's by request. I won't deny anybody unless there's a compelling
reason. I believe in the free spread of information - no matter how controversial. I control
access to keep the server from being tied up and it's available across 4 different boards.
It's come to my attention that a member of this board placed his/her access information on another
site. I can live with this provided, the server doesn't get bogged down to the point that
members will have a hard time accessing it. Keep the spread of information alive but don't
hinder your fellow members.

P.S. Daeron and S.C. Wack, please check your U2Us.

S.C. Wack - 22-2-2006 at 14:59

What daeron uploaded was a response to the post immediately before it, it is the .iso that was the file that is no longer at www.mfi.synthetikal.com.

The big torrent file can be rapidshared by anyone who wants to do so, by splitting .rar volumes, for instance. But this might detract from the torrent, and torrents are hard enough to keep alive as it is.

S.C. Wack - 19-8-2006 at 18:16

The torrent is dead but the synthetikal arcHive .iso in daeron's rapidshare .rar lives on. I too took the liberty of spidering the attachments while they were available at synthetikal, because good things don't last. Here they are as an offline copy for those with the .iso who also want the 3205 jpeg, bmp, gif, txt, pdf, and djvu that were originally spidered from the-hive.ws by whoever did this. If the link from it in the .iso is a (currently not-working) synthetikal link, it's here and it has the same file name. 405 MB of 2 split volumes, 451 MB unpacked to a single folder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30003434/picproxie_docs.part1.rar...
http://rapidshare.de/files/30049588/picproxie_docs.part2.rar...

tonyxxy - 21-8-2006 at 07:44

Quote:
Originally posted by S.C. Wack
The torrent is dead but the synthetikal arcHive .iso in daeron's rapidshare .rar lives on. I too took the liberty of spidering the attachments while they were available at synthetikal, because good things don't last. Here they are as an offline copy for those with the .iso who also want the 3205 jpeg, bmp, gif, txt, pdf, and djvu that were originally spidered from the-hive.ws by whoever did this. If the link from it in the .iso is a (currently not-working) synthetikal link, it's here and it has the same file name. 405 MB of 2 split volumes, 451 MB unpacked to a single folder.

Thanks S.C. Wack for posting these files. For those interested I just finished repacking/combining the attachments and the original searchable hive index.

This means no more manual searching for invalid hyperlinks. All attachments reside in a local folder and all hyperlinks are updated to point to that local folder.

Also the default search results are increased to 1000. This is done to fix the known problem when more then one keyword is entered.

The compressed archive is 459273 kB.
The unpacked archive is 778290 kB.

Eliteforum - 21-8-2006 at 10:32

If someone has a decent connection and has this file, PM me and I'll set up a FTP account so it can be uploaded to my website and downloaded from there.

wa gwan - 21-8-2006 at 12:51

Quote:
Originally posted by tonyxxy
Thanks S.C. Wack for posting these files. For those interested I just finished repacking/combining the attachments and the original searchable hive index.

This means no more manual searching for invalid hyperlinks. All attachments reside in a local folder and all hyperlinks are updated to point to that local folder.

Also the default search results are increased to 1000. This is done to fix the known problem when more then one keyword is entered.

The compressed archive is 459273 kB.
The unpacked archive is 778290 kB.

You can do better than that. Copy the files from the .iso to your hard disk. Use a text-string find-and-replace program to mass-edit the html (eg. ReplaceEm). The html is coded to request .gifs from synthetikal.com which is a nuisance and a privacy risk and should be stripped out. Strip out the "noindex" meta-tagging and edit all links that point to other hive posts and rhodium.ws to point to the relevant directories on your disk. ReplaceEm allows you to edit multiple strings at once so if you have a good look at the source html before you start you can do everything in one go. Finally, index the whole thing with an offline search program such as DiskMeta. Burn everything to a new .iso if you wish.

The search function already provided on the .iso is faulty, slow and doesn't search thread content only thread titles. Use your own. Remove the noindex tag first!!

flush_it - 6-9-2006 at 05:55

so tell me u all after the original downloadable hive filez??i got them not sure if its what u lookin 4??

solo - 6-9-2006 at 08:00

What do you have? The Hive files were never made available , only parts and pieces were assembled and made available at synthetikal , the Rhodium archives and the Pdf collection has been available for a while now ......so, do tell what you have and bundle it up and zip it up to rapidshare and share with us.......................solo

[Edited on 6-9-2006 by solo]

Deevel - 25-10-2006 at 04:50

Can the second part of picproxies be re-uploaded to Rapidshare? It's been deleted. Downloaded the first part no problem...thanks!!

sadhu.ian - 6-4-2007 at 11:03

How fucking stupid an american can be? Fucker--don´t use rapid share --it´s useless--after a few hour´s your link is broken. Is it the amerikan attention-span-or why are you still using it.

S.C. Wack - 6-4-2007 at 13:57

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhu.ian
How fucking stupid an american can be? Fucker--don´t use rapid share --it´s useless--after a few hour´s your link is broken. Is it the amerikan attention-span-or why are you still using it.

The links are 8 months old. This was before rapidshare went below 3 weeks before deleting, and the 2nd link was deleted because Deevel waited 2 months before trying to download.

Looks like you are the most american poster here. Congratulations troll.ian, I guess. Thank you for dazzling us all with your brilliant insight and 1337 first post.

So, who are you, really? You created an account and waited all this time just for this?

joeflsts - 6-4-2007 at 18:29

Quote:
Originally posted by sadhu.ian

What an excellent example of making friends. Thank you - my evening is complete.

Joe

Deevel - 11-4-2007 at 01:26

My Mr Wack you are a cheery bugger aren't you? In the interests of accuracy, Deevel didn't "wait two months" to do anything. I happened to come across the link and found it broken. I asked if it could be renewed. No drama that it can't anymore than you being too anal to give me a password to unlock a file that it turns out that I already had anyway!!
Oh yeah and then you accused me of "attempting to bribe you" because I offered to share the numerous files that I happened to have.
Get over yourself pal....some people aren't out to scam something for nothing and are genuinely offering to share with nothing expected in return.
Just because you've posted here a few times doesn't give you carte blanch to abuse and denigrate new comers at will.

[Edited on 11-4-2007 by Deevel]

S.C. Wack - 11-4-2007 at 03:54

Quote:
Originally posted by Deevel
My Mr Wack you are a cheery bugger aren't you? In the interests of accuracy, Deevel didn't "wait two months" to do anything. I happened to come across the link and found it broken. I asked if it could be renewed. No drama that it can't anymore than you being too anal to give me a password to unlock a file that it turns out that I already had anyway!!
Oh yeah and then you accused me of "attempting to bribe you" because I offered to share the numerous files that I happened to have.
Get over yourself pal....some people aren't out to scam something for nothing and are genuinely offering to share with nothing expected in return.
Just because you've posted here a few times doesn't give you carte blanch to abuse and denigrate new comers at will.

[Edited on 11-4-2007 by Deevel]

If my promising to Strike in writing not to make my scan of his book publicly available (I have never uploaded anything anywhere with passwords except for his books, which I told you via PM) without his permission makes me "anal", then I'm not sure that I'm the one who has the problem. As for the expired link, rapidshare no longer accepted files that big, and I had better things to do with my bandwidth. As I also told via PM. I accused you of nothing, I merely made the simple statement that I could not be bribed into giving out the passwords.

A lot of the newcomers that I'm seeing are clueless pretenders, not-very-bright-people, and trolls; and I don't criticize posts without just cause.

Cheery enough for you? Shall I sing and dance as well as provide you with whatever you ask? I'm the one who should get over myself?

daeron - 16-4-2007 at 13:16

ne mogu da verujem koji pajseri ovde vise
ae stavi prs u dupe i-jebi-samog-sebe :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/26380214/the_hive_archive.rar.ht...

Mush - 20-12-2011 at 14:08

Quote: Originally posted by S.C. Wack  

"The following download is not available" :(
Could you reupload them?
Your help would be highly appreciated.

S.C. Wack - 20-12-2011 at 16:55

Feel free to explore the link in all my posts, for perhaps this alternative to those exact files will be sufficient. This is different and the same, as mentioned here. It's all the same with the files, just without the search thing, the synthetikal nonsense, and the attempts to connect with synthetikal that come with the .iso.

Mush - 23-12-2011 at 17:22

Thanx very much!

Mush - 18-12-2012 at 14:45

The AFSearch offline search engine doesn't work any more:( .
It requires registration but I don't know why.
"Search Result generated by AFSearch Unregistered version, this line and the bottom copyright message will be removed upon registration. Please note only the top 8 search results have url and hyperlink to document in trial version. Registered version shows all hyperlinks." Does anyone else have the same problem?

S.C. Wack - 18-12-2012 at 20:24

It's been that way for a while.

Even though 4shit banned my long-time account a couple months ago, another was created for this until they ban me again. Plus mediafire and who knows where else someday soon. God only knows how many hoops you have to jump through to download it. Maybe they still offer free downloading by torrent.

Free search alternatives are better than anything afsearch could dream of.

Rym Carry - 1-2-2013 at 00:41

Mush,
Whatever you're trying to have in that link which isn't working and you were asking about to re-upload it again above there. I think it's picproxy in rar file maybe it's about 451 MB size. why don't you try to search it in piratebay if the piratebay has banne d in your country as in a lot of countries it been banned then try to et access of this by replacement for the piratebay.

[Edited on 1-2-2013 by Rym Carry]