Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Best FTP client

Flip - 4-3-2006 at 15:24

What do you guys think is the best FTP client (and why)?

chemoleo - 4-3-2006 at 21:59

Total commander 32... Never let me down, has a kind of old interface, but unlike smartftp, I don't need to upgrade it to use it, and also it doesn't sometimes, for inexplicable reasons, fail to connect. Plus, it's 'resume' function works flawlessly. What else could you want?

The_Davster - 4-3-2006 at 22:35

The click and drag of IE...:P...seriously. Just the simplicity of it...
Except Madhatter's FTP does not let me on with IE unfortunatly so I use Filezilla for it.

[Edited on 5-3-2006 by rogue chemist]

denatured - 5-3-2006 at 03:44

WS FTP PRO ................. but Filezilla will beat it up when it is mature enough....

neversoninlaw - 21-3-2006 at 17:56

FlashFXP

Best FTP

MadHatter - 22-3-2006 at 02:07

Folks, I have to remain neutral on this one. I've relied on FileZilla based on Polverone's
recommendations for ease of use. I U2Ued Polverone, when I told him of my intention to
setup an FTP. I had no previous experience whatsoever.

For the time being, I'm happy that it works despite its quirks. I say use whatever
works best for you ! The FTP grows all the time. There aren't enough hours in the day
for me because I can't work with it as much as I want to. Most of my time is spent adding
new users, helping with connection issues, and moving uploaded files. Hell, I haven't
even gotten back to my pet project, scanning in Hydrazine And Its Derivatives because of
lack of time. It's like I can only scan in and proof a few pages at any one session. I'll
keep plugging away !