Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Sub-zero Refridgeration/condensor construction; suggestions? Comments?

Famousroger - 29-12-2014 at 05:56

Ok, so I would like to create a refrigerant system specifically for sub-zero degrees Celsius temperatures; the idea would be to create either ultra high efficient/dramatic condensing, a reaction requiring deprivation of energy (cooling), or condensing of a gas which boils below 0*C. All those these are my ultimate goal; I would like to buy or build a single devise or single devise (most importantly cost effective, second most important, effective, third most important is compactness. I know there is a way to manipulate cooling systems that are wildly a available and cheap to produce a well-targeted/efficient quite cool enclosure; ideally at least 50*C, and don't tell me dry ice, because dry ice will not satisfy me; it would be horribly time consuming to deal with dry ice if one were to attempt a longer term below 0*C (again, ideally variable up to -50 or lower)...

Excuse me for likely rambling, but I am not editing it, nor am I apologizing...

Any ideas as to w
How I should go about this? I have several ideas, but it would be nice to hear from someone with some degree of experience building a cooling system for below zero Celsius (like, -50 or lower most ideally)(most most ideally for very cheaply)...

Oy...well, I've got my little projects, and sometimes I haven't the time, so this one is on you - help me find the answer to this. Prove you are good for something, sciencemadness!

(LoL)

DJF90 - 29-12-2014 at 06:00

Garage chemist has done this and detailed it here. Search and you may find it. He managed to hit -50*C alright.