Sciencemadness Discussion Board

making minerals from wisdom teeth

quantumcorespacealchemyst - 12-2-2015 at 13:53

ideas?
http://www.mindat.org/min-3503.html looks cool. how is this stuff made?

aga - 12-2-2015 at 13:58

Sell the teeth and buy some chemicals.

Maybe you'd get a better deal if you can find a Chemical Shop Owner who has an obsession with collecting Wisdom Teeth,

blogfast25 - 12-2-2015 at 14:02

Mineral compounds are very hard to produce in a laboratory. See e.g. hydrothermal methods.

aga - 12-2-2015 at 14:34

Speak of the Devil ...

Chemosynthesis - 12-2-2015 at 17:35

The stem cells in the teeth would be far, far more valuable than the chemical composition.

quantumcorespacealchemyst - 13-2-2015 at 03:14

no, they're busted up from extraction, one is kind of together and they have been sitting in, calcium hydroxide mush/cake (it dried). i used some salts from a failed chloroform production (extraction, extraction of chloroform from insoluble CaOH).

the teeth were sealed in a glove since the surgery and possibly breedin g bacteria even though there were parts of blue disinfectant putty in with it. part of them, the most part, may have already dissolved from the soak. initially, i just untied the glove and put it in a caustic solution to let it soak.

i got some different liquids from combining past experiments i had, i don't really remember what they were a this point. i may remember. so i got some nice looking crystals in one cup and i don't know what they are. i remember transferring different liquids around that were all related. i remember adding something extra to one, it seems to have been a compound/s that i attempted making from slate and sulphur and 20 mule team BORAX with a blowtorch, grinded and boiled in water and decanted/filtered, then boiled dry (viscous and knocked/bumped alot)

they are like bubbly and shiny, i think they had contacted the teeth at one point. it may come back to me.

j_sum1 - 13-2-2015 at 03:47

You do pursue some unusual projects quantum.

quantumcorespacealchemyst - 13-2-2015 at 10:25

:D