Sciencemadness Discussion Board

which sub-forums do you go to most frequently??

chemrox - 30-3-2016 at 14:17

I usually check in this order:
today's posts-to see if anything looks interesting
beginnings-to see if I can help
organic chemistry

I read organic for learning and pleasure. It's by far the most interesting to me but I need some extra time to appreciate what's there.

I *never* go to whimsy (unless this was supposed to be posted there-Bert?)

Texium - 30-3-2016 at 14:55

I almost exclusively use Today's Posts, though once a week or so I will look through the first couple pages of Chemistry in General and Organic Chemistry to see if there are any threads needing to be moved to Beginnings that I had missed.

elementcollector1 - 30-3-2016 at 15:03

Detritus
Chemistry in General
Reagents/Apparatus
Beginnings
Miscellaneous
Technochemistry
Whimsy
Legal/Societal
Forum Matters

In that exact order.

Loptr - 30-3-2016 at 19:41

Pretty much check Today's Posts throughout the day, so I have seen it before having to go into the other subforums.

NedsHead - 30-3-2016 at 20:02

Mostly Today's Posts, unless I'm hunting for some specific information

j_sum1 - 30-3-2016 at 21:16

Today's posts is bookmarked. If I want to revisit something that has recently dropped off the list then I change it to five days at the bottom of the page.
Next stop after that is the forum search -- often searching on a particular username.
Research as opposed to browsing will have me performing a google search on the site.
I might drop in via the individual forums maybe once a month.

Volanschemia - 30-3-2016 at 22:13

Today's Posts for me too.

JJay - 30-3-2016 at 23:42

I usually just go to Today's Posts unless I am looking for information on a specific topic. I usually only read posts in Organic Chemistry if I have heard of the substance mentioned in the topic, but I read most of the Chemistry in General posts.

I most often by far post in Reagents and Apparatus Acquisition because there is still a lot of stuff I would like to have in my lab that I don't have and a lot of stuff is a pain to ship to my location.

[Edited on 31-3-2016 by JJay]