Sciencemadness Discussion Board

reputeable source for concentrated HNO3, with goog to fair prices, and reasonable delivry times (OTHER THAN Elemental...

warehousemike42 - 8-6-2016 at 10:12

I would like to have more than one source for nitric acid in the United States, other than Elemental scientific, just wondering how many are left with current "banning" running amuk. delivery times don't really matter to me a month is fine any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stock up what I can, while I can. This is my very first post I'm sorry if I didn't do this right please forgive me

Praxichys - 8-6-2016 at 12:35

It used to be widely available on eBay and Amazon until a certain bombing incident in which both companies removed US listings for both nitric acid and most nitrate salts. If you do find the acid being sold somewhere, I would not be surprised if new legislation requires purchaser information to be kept, much like all sales of ammonium nitrate.

Otherwise, be prepared to import it. It is probably legal to do so, though if it gets inspected by customs it might establish probable cause to subpoena your purchase histories, and if two or more items related to manufacturing explosives or drugs are there, you might end up charged with "intent to manufacture."

It is not difficult to make yourself if you are so inclined.

Muffn Man - 9-6-2016 at 04:42

If you are close to a large city, check out hydroponics stores or online hydro shops too. Not all will have it, but some do.

Melgar - 9-6-2016 at 07:25

You can get it by the gallon at many jeweler supply stores, although the only city I know for sure has it is midtown NYC, somewhat ironically. It was like $60 for a gallon of 60-some percent.

[Edited on 6/9/16 by Melgar]