Sciencemadness Discussion Board

help me!!

reak - 1-5-2003 at 06:27

Can you help me?Where can i find KNO3 and fuses in Greece????

Nick F - 1-5-2003 at 06:59

I don't know, but I do know that you can't find them in the General Chemistry section...

DeusExMachina - 1-5-2003 at 08:27

This shouldn't be here... maybe you can find some help in the Reagents and Apparatus Aquistion forum or the Miscellaneous forum.

Beanspike - 1-5-2003 at 13:14

I don't know about Greece... i just bought KNO3 from a local pharmacy/drugstore. oftentimes they won't stock it so just ask the nice person behind the counter to order you some saltpeter. its not too expensive either, less than 2 dollars american for a nice little bottle. As for fuses, try on the internet at otherwise maybe some well stocked gun stores would carry it.

DeusExMachina - 1-5-2003 at 13:50

cannonfuse does not send out fuses out of america last time i checked... maybe it has changed though

Krypton - 3-5-2003 at 06:23


i`ve found a odd mistake at

"Quebrachitol nitrate. Monomethyl cyclohexanepentanitrate"

Quebrachitol nitrate --->
2-methoxy-1,3,4,5,6-pentanitroxycyclohexane or

monomethyl cyclohexanepentanitrate should be
1-methyl-2,3,4,5,6-pentanitrocyclohexane or

It`sss fun when you nitrating o-methyl-l-inosit,
a little bit expensive for around 90$ per gram but
it`s possible.


Krypton - 3-5-2003 at 06:29

the correct formulas



Beanspike - 6-5-2003 at 09:13

Krypton, where did you find that? I've looked over the site a few times and can't find what you mentioned.

Deus, you are right, I guess they do not ship out of the country.

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by Beanspike]

Krypton - 6-5-2003 at 18:03

Beanspike, you can`t find that when you search, it`s science from the dark side or from the other side. Either you have it or not.

Krypton - 7-5-2003 at 04:08

Here the safety data sheet to one of Quebrachitol as starting material for