Sciencemadness Discussion Board

A kind of amazing chemical species in "Mission impossible 3"

ayumichen - 29-9-2006 at 02:48

Have you watched the movie,"Mission impossible 3"?
You may remember an amazing chemical species in the movie.When Davian's cahoots wanted to rescue him from the vehicle,they sprinkled a kind of chemical species over the metal case of the vehicle.Suddenly,the metal case of the vehicle bacame more brittle.Then it was cracked easily.

Who knows what it is?

enhzflep - 29-9-2006 at 03:07

Ah yes.

From memory, it is obtained by refluxing a 1 part imagination with 2 parts of money and a 4 parts of time.(All measures to be done by weight) This mixture is steadily refluxed for about 3-4 months before the product is synthesized.
I believe it is called 1,1,1 TrichloroMovieSpecialEffects ;)

The product is then cleansed of any artifacts before being fused with the similarly-produced 1,1,1 ChlorofluroSoundEffects.

The fused sum of the two processes is most commonly stored between polycarbonate discs, or less frequently within a ferromagnetic plastic bonded composition.

Nicodem - 29-9-2006 at 03:14

Fom the picture, I would say they used lots of cream with a little ketchup.
If the movie is expensive, this does not mean they just have to use expensive stuff for the simple special effects.

enhzflep - 29-9-2006 at 03:25

Sure, the classic example being chocolate syrup down the plug-hole in Psycho.

I just mentioned the above method of manufacture in this instance because the lighting in the image is 'funny', as is the inconsistant transparency - two of the most common indications of a composite.

Ketchup the same color as indicators? :o

DrP - 29-9-2006 at 05:16

'Fom the picture, I would say they used lots of cream with a little ketchup. '

I think it looks more like shaving foam because of the blue tint.

Elawr - 29-9-2006 at 05:23

Yes, from the picture it is clearly a binary compound of some type.