Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Fundamental Processes of Dye Chemistry online

Polverone - 11-5-2003 at 19:07

Like duct tape, coal tar and its derivatives can do almost anything. Whether you're interested in making a rainbow of colors, enhancing your knowledge of aromatic chemistry retro-tech, or recreating some of history's most notorious occupational exposure hazards, Fundamental Processes of Dye Chemistry can improve your life and enhance your sex appeal.

Indigo! :cool:

Anthranillic acid! :D

Benzidine! :o

All yours for the taking!

Gentlemen, start your autoclaves.

http://bcis.pacificu.edu/~polverone/dyechem.html

Rhadon - 11-5-2003 at 22:41

Thanks! It looks like I'm ready for this improvement, but just not now. Can you tell me how long the download will be available?

:)

wonderful!

Organikum - 12-5-2003 at 02:25

Code:
with autoclaves and coal tar, you can make anything

And with Fischer-Tropsch you can make even more...:D
(some zeolithes might help)

thanks Polverone!
ORG

This one is permanent

Polverone - 12-5-2003 at 07:44

Since the book is from 1949 I don't think I need to fear the Kopyright Kops. I will be leaving it up permanently. Oh, and you're welcome. :)

Now Organikum, I will be in awe and fear of you if you manage to apply Fischer-Tropsch in your improvised lab. Next thing I hear you'll be building your own CANDU reactor so you can use radiolytic chemistry in your personal synthetic challenges. :P

Rhadon - 12-5-2003 at 11:26

Thanks for the info Polverone, I'm looking forward to get this book in a few weeks :D

CANDU reactor?

Organikum - 15-5-2003 at 18:18

Sounds exciting, but my interests are more related to the "Evolution Machine" I read once about. (One example is told to be in a museum in Bonn, Germany. Dunno if it works so) ;)

a_bab - 16-5-2003 at 00:21

Hey, there is a very good TNP synthesis out of phenol method in this book.