Sciencemadness Discussion Board

is there a sales/trade section?

Db33 - 14-12-2016 at 09:23

I have a nice Humboldt Aspirator that i was wanting to sell for maybe like $15 through paypal and was wondering what section i might post it in if anyone was interested.

crystal grower - 14-12-2016 at 10:22

Ehmm, this one:
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5
;)

gdflp - 14-12-2016 at 10:42

Technically, there is SynthSource as well, which was started by Praxichys, as a result of the discussion here, in an attempt to separate the main forums from any buying/selling. Unfortunately, it never really gained the traffic that it needed, so it's basically a dead site at this point. I agree with crystal grower, if you want any chance of selling it, I would try listing it in <b>Reagents and Apparatus Acquisition</b>. There aren't too many threads of that type, but there are a few.

careysub - 14-12-2016 at 13:11

A problem with SynthSource is that unlike eBay or, for that matter, new postings on SM, it is not a listing of live offers, but of old dead ones.

I think a site like this needs to have each offering expire after some time and be removed, unless renewed, so only valid ones still exist. A site that fills up with ancient dead items is inherently doomed as the live fraction goes toward zero.

Of course, at this point that would result in a site with no listings (although I have a element collecting items on offer I could put up - I will eventually post such a list here).