Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Red Phosphorous For Sale Australia

NedsHead - 15-2-2017 at 02:37

I came across this ad while browsing Gumtree

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gawler/miscellaneous-goods/r...

What do you think, police bait?

btw I'm not looking to buy, I have no use for it, I thought it was interesting though.

[Edited on 15-2-2017 by NedsHead]

j_sum1 - 15-2-2017 at 02:47

Looks suspiciously like an invitation to the boys in blue to investigate the home lab.
I'm not taking the bait.

I do eventually want some red P for the element collection. But It is one of those things that I will proceed with caution on.

NedsHead - 15-2-2017 at 03:00

Yes, I'm tempted to send a message

"Hi officer, how is your afternoon, catching many crooks?"

Texium - 15-2-2017 at 07:22

It's very overpriced anyway... $2/gram? You should be able to get it for a tenth of that or less.

gdflp - 15-2-2017 at 07:24

Quote: Originally posted by zts16  
It's very overpriced anyway... $2/gram? You should be able to get it for a tenth of that or less.

I think you're confusing the Aussie dollar with the American dollar.;)

Texium - 15-2-2017 at 07:39

Quote: Originally posted by gdflp  
Quote: Originally posted by zts16  

I think you're confusing the Aussie dollar with the American dollar.;)
Ha, even so, it'd still be too much.

Db33 - 15-2-2017 at 08:38

SKETCHY. i wouldnt trust that for a minute.

adk - 15-2-2017 at 12:49

Caveat emptor.

I don't want to say it sounds dodgy, but it definitely sounds dodgy. Offering Category I drug precursors on Gumtree is basically the distilled and recrystallised version of stupidity.

Unless you have a verifiable commercial reason to possess such a material, it is best avoided altogether.

plante1999 - 15-2-2017 at 15:53

To be fair, 2$ a gram is very fair for small amounts of something rare. If you were to buy a kilo, it should be quite less than that, tough. If only for the packaging material/bottle, time to ship, etc. Usually anything that is worth less than one man hour at minimum wage in a certain territory is essentially not worth bothering to ship, simply for the handling and packaging time and costs.

NedsHead - 15-2-2017 at 16:04

Looks like the ad was taken down, the price was $2 per gram or $1 per gram if you purchase 1000g+

CalAm - 16-2-2017 at 02:49

That still seems quite high for red p, i have known of people purchasing 500g for less then $64 aud or 1kg for $86. I would have to agree that it is bait for low hanging fruit looking to get picked.