Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Mercuric Chloride

conducter - 27-12-2006 at 08:02

a very reliable friend gave me a link to a site which cannot be found on google. It is a walk-in chem store in a different state than im in but basically they have an online log and offer 10g of HgCl2 for $3.00.
My friend assured me that this is totally legit and that its not suspicious or wont get a knock on the door.

Its only a 3 dollar purchase, and my house wont have anything illegal in it so i was wondering what others think.

Intergalactic_Captain - 27-12-2006 at 12:17

Considering that the cheapest source I've found was $20 + $10 shipping + $20 hazmat for FIVE grams, I'd say it's a scam. It's kind of hard to tell though whether it's the feds or someone trying to take advantage of people who wouldn't report them anyway.

But hey, it's only $3 dollars, and it's not like piles of incriminating literature and computer records have ever put anyone in jail before...

conducter - 27-12-2006 at 12:20

Yeah the HgCl2 is only 3 dollars but mercuric iodide and mercurous chloride are both like 10-20 dollars. This is a little store out west that sells lots of hobby stuff, they arent selling things like red phosphorous and iodine.

ALSO! check your email intergalactic.

[Edited on 27-12-2006 by conducter]