Sciencemadness Discussion Board

The system has failed to process your request.

mayko - 1-5-2017 at 12:16

I continue to sporadically get this error message when I try to post PDFs:

Quote:

The system has failed to process your request. If you're an administrator, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.

I've tried waiting a while, logging out & back in, uploading in another thread, and so on, but haven't been able to successfully post certain files. Do the site admins know what might be going on?

mayko - 6-5-2017 at 07:51

I had the wild idea that the publishing companies/library were including some sort of anti-piracy metadata that was tripping the system up, but after stripping all the metadata out with exiftool, I got the same result :(

mayko - 19-6-2017 at 17:35

:(

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 9.34.21 PM.png - 55kB

mayko - 20-6-2017 at 05:16

I seem to be the only person afflicted, and like I've said it seems specific to certain PDFs.

RogueRose - 12-1-2018 at 00:01

I just made a post about this. happened 3-4x today/tonight already. 4 long posts and none had any links or attachments or anything other than standard normal text (no bolding or anything - STANDARD text).

This is getting FRUSTRATING!

Make that #5 now...

[Edited on 1-12-2018 by RogueRose]

wg48 - 12-1-2018 at 08:01

Quote: Originally posted by RogueRose  
I just made a post about this. happened 3-4x today/tonight already. 4 long posts and none had any links or attachments or anything other than standard normal text (no bolding or anything - STANDARD text).

This is getting FRUSTRATING!

Make that #5 now...

[Edited on 1-12-2018 by RogueRose]

When that happens to me its because I had hit the deleat key while my curser is pointing at the orginal post.

I think other control keys have odd effects too.

wg48 - 12-1-2018 at 08:04

Quote: Originally posted by mayko  
I continue to sporadically get this error message when I try to post PDFs:

Quote:

The system has failed to process your request. If you're an administrator, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.

I've tried waiting a while, logging out & back in, uploading in another thread, and so on, but haven't been able to successfully post certain files. Do the site admins know what might be going on?

You may be trying to upload a file from within an application.

Try to save a copy localy on your PC and up load from there.

mayko - 12-1-2018 at 08:52

Quote: Originally posted by wg48  

You may be trying to upload a file from within an application.

Try to save a copy localy on your PC and up load from there.

Saving the file to my hard drive, and then uploading it, is my SOP. The only application I'm uploading from within is the web browser. (ed) I haven't seen this glitch since my last post in this thread, though.

[Edited on 12-1-2018 by mayko]

mayko - 9-8-2018 at 09:37

Another sighting:

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=87...

mayko - 17-7-2019 at 10:35

Update: renaming the file to have a shorter filename seems to work at least some of the time.