Sciencemadness Discussion Board

scanned GLITTER, the Chemistry...

a_bab - 25-6-2003 at 12:27

Title: GLITTER, the Chemistry & Techniques, by Lloyd Scott Oglesby

First of all: the book is scanned by a friend of Dexter. I only share it as there are some pyro enthusiasts among us.

You can download the book here,

Rename the file extension from mdb to pdf.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by a_bab]

Organikum - 25-6-2003 at 18:29

This can´t work as pdf files are corrupted this way and usually not repairable. You should pack the file with WINrar including a checksum and failure correction code before renaming to whatever you like to.

Same problems if pdf´s are sent as email attachments.

The file's good

Polverone - 25-6-2003 at 19:30

But it's not a PDF. It's a zipped PDF. So rename to glitter.zip and then extract.

a_bab - 25-6-2003 at 23:29

Yes, I am terrible sorry. It's a zipped pdf. I first upped the pdf renamed as mdb, but afterwards I noticed that it can be compressed pretty well, so I zipped, upped and forgot to edit the thread.
Sorry again...

Organikum - 26-6-2003 at 05:45

no damage done, LOL...... :D

thanks for the book!
ORG

gritty_cryst - 29-6-2003 at 11:09

404. new link?

Sparky - 26-8-2003 at 13:36

When I click on the link I get this error.
"HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site."

When I copy and paste the URL I get a 404 error. Could you post it again somewhere else? I would like to read it.

a_bab - 26-8-2003 at 14:47

That is due to the crappy (free) service of Brinkster. I had to remove the file as the downloads generated too much traffic and I have a site there.

I can send you the file via e-mail, if your account supports files up to 2 Mb; the best options would be to be uploaded to the Mad Science library.

It's a very interesting book BTW :D

Sparky - 26-8-2003 at 19:56

The Mad Science library is the same as Eliteforum's FTP right? I don't yet have an account but I'll try to get one. If you don't mind it would be handy for me if you go to www.x-mail.net and login as dildog with password dilbert and upload it there. I made this account for this purpose. Of course anyone else who wants to get it from that account I don't mind...

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Sparky]

a_bab - 27-8-2003 at 01:02

Book sent

glitter

mick - 26-10-2003 at 14:45

Thanks
Its printing.
I saved it to a zip disc and on the same disc I had winzip. Installed winzip and the first thing it did was open glitter

blindreeper - 17-4-2004 at 19:01

I am looking for any books done by AFN and was wondering if anyone actually got this book? It appears to be corrupted or something. If you do have a copy of this can you please let me know through this thread or email it to me at blindreeper@xmail.net

Sorry for bringing up an old topic but I know some members here will want it!

a_bab - 21-4-2004 at 03:31

Unfortunately the guy who scanned the book doesn't want to see it in a public place like this. So sorry but I can't provide it anymore.

vulture - 21-4-2004 at 03:57

Quote:

The Mad Science library is the same as Eliteforum's FTP right?

No. Check the sciencemadness homepage for the library.

blindreeper - 21-4-2004 at 04:00

It won't be public if it is just sent to me. Come on dude! You sent it to other people!:(

did anyone successfully download it?

Hermes_Trismegistus - 21-4-2004 at 23:24

It seems strange and cruel that someone would be irritated by the sharing of a book!:mad:

a_bab - 22-4-2004 at 03:30

Dear Hermes_Trismegistus, the book is not mine. I am NOT against scanning the books; actually I would scan books and release them all day long if I'd have the time and the books.

I got the book from a guy who asked me not to post it anymore. See ? So I can't give it anymore.