Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Spider man

wg48 - 13-10-2018 at 09:42

I have been asked to play Spider man at a child’s birthday party (my nephew’s son). I will be in a costume and I would like some special effects.

I would like to swing in through an open window or door but I think that’s not practical. The best I can come up with are cans of spray string piped to my wrists with some way of activating them,. Perhaps a smoke generator, a strobe light and laser display. I have also considered a zip wire but no suitable location to zip from to the party location,. I am still considering that, perhaps the house roof to garden would be doable.

Does anyone else have any ideas for the special effects ?

mysteriusbhoice - 15-10-2018 at 00:33

You could use compressed air and melted hot glue to throw web

Or do the same with sugar for instant cotton candy

wg48 - 15-10-2018 at 03:01

Quote: Originally posted by mysteriusbhoice  
You could use compressed air and melted hot glue to throw web

Or do the same with sugar for instant cotton candy

I love the idea of instant cotton candy LOL. I think cotton candy is made with molten sugar/candy forced out of a spinner by centrifugal force. Perhaps pressure forcing the hot candy out of a narrow set of holes and an air blast would have a similar effect. I will need to do some experimentation.

I had settled on a spider web gun. I can not modify the costume as its hired so a hand held spider web gun is better (a tube containing the cans of silly string and a trigger) as its independent of the costume.

A cotton candy gun would be great fun for the children (and I must confess me too) even if its only fired in to a clean bucket.

happyfooddance - 15-10-2018 at 20:47

Just rent a cotton candy machine, spiderman making cotton candy is a total winner.